Threads
Members
Latest member
mkaelin
Recent bookmarks

david b

Shooter
Medium Format
I will be going to Monument Valley Utah for a few days in july and need to find a cheap, clean hotel/motel to stay at.

Any recommendations?

Les McLean

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
About 20 miles from Monument Valley is Kayenta, a small town that has a number of motels including the usual Best Weston etc. You should find a room at a sensible price there. There is only one hotel near the valley and I believe it is quite expensive and usually busy.

Have a good trip and may the light be good for you.

DrPhil

Shooter
4x5 Format
While you're in the area, Mexican hat and the goosenecks of the San Juan are also very scenic.

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
Just got back from that area. Definately stay in Kayenta. You will see several motels that are not full right on the main hwy. There is also a good little resturant that looks like a huge blue wooden hogan that has fair Navajo tacos. Just remember to obey the speed limits near the towns and the monument. Also if you go off on a side road, make sure that you ask permission if a house is near. 4 years ago i went off on one, and stopped near a house, stayed on the road, but the man in the house came out waving a large stick and running at us. I left fast. this time I had my foster daughter along and she translated for me.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom