What is your camera that is frequently with you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by rayonline_nz, Sep 27, 2018.

1. rayonline_nz

rayonline_nz Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not the phone. What is the camera that is with you most frequently? I happened to bumped into an acquaintance, he had one of the Ricoh GR film cameras. Obviously there is the Contax T2 and others.

Due to the viewfinder size on these compact cameras I haven't got them and many are a bit expensive. When I have a bit more time I just go with a Nikon FM2 and a small prime.

What I mean by frequently, is maybe week by week, carrying a camera for the just in case. Could just be a picnic together, the beach, the brunch, the mall etc.

:smile:

2. abruzzi

abruzzi Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    changes from month to month, week to week, but right now it is a Pentax MX with a few lenses. For a while I was carrying my Bronica ETRSi everywhere.

3. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shen Hao HZX45-IIA 4x5", travels almost anytime I am in my ute, sits behind the drivers seat alongside my Berlebach tripod.

Mick.

4. Morten Corfitz

Morten Corfitz Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I usually carry my Minolta AL-F rangefinder in my bag.

5. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For my first 15 years in photography I used a Pentax SP500 with Super Takumar 55/2 exclusively every day. It was my only camera.

Typically I use one camera for three weeks. However, during those three weeks I will likely load and start to use another camera as well. So, you can see there is some overlap.

Currently I am using three cameras, which is a bit unusual:

- A Nikonos V with TMAX 400
    - A Leica M6 TTL, 35/2 Summicron; Ultramax 400
    - A Polaroid Super Shooter with Fuji FP100C

With this scheme I can rotate through different cameras for many years.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wista 45DX or a Super Graphic if I need to shoot hand held.

I always carry a TLR as ell, a Rolleiflex Automat (UK) or A Yashicamat 124 (Turkey).

Ian

7. Ces1um

Ces1um Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow. Hard one to answer as my mood seems to change from month to month. I take most of my best photos with my pentax k1000 but the one I have the most fun with is my lubitel. Those both get an awful lot of use. My Harman titan pinhole camera has seen a lot of use over the summer but not as much during the spring. Anytime I'm doing anything that could ruin a camera I bring my Lomo lc-a+ and as I'm pretty active that gets a lot of use. I don't think I can really definitively say that there's one camera I use more than any others over the past few years. Over the past few months, probably my lubitel? I can tell you my voigtlander r3m gets the least amount of use even though it's my "highest quality" camera. I hate how it focuses and I strongly dislike the display it has for it's light meter.

8. guangong

guangong Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not frequently, but always have a subminiature in my pocket, either a Minox or Minolta 16. The frequently carried cameras vary, a 35mm folder Contessa or Retina, a rf Leica, either sm or M4 or even an Olympus XA or Rollei 35. Depends upon how light I want to get about. Nikons, SLRs, MF and LF for more definite photographic quests.

9. R.Gould

R.Gould Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Difficult as it depends on my mood,50% of the time I carry a 120 folder, and 50% of the time I take a TLR, one of 6, either Rolleiflex,Rolleicord or ( probably my favoriye and which I use more than the rest) one of my 2 Microcords, for 35mm if I am just going for a walk I grab a fixed lens, for more serious work when I need different lenses either my Leica or canon 7,vitessa T ambisillette or werra, all with full set of lenses
    Richard

10. Marcelo Paniagua

Marcelo Paniagua Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    It depends on the mood. Normally Leica M6 if I'm on the mood of rangefinder,. OM4 when on slr mood (used to be sl35e but recently electronics are erratic) and Rolleiflex 3.5f when on TLR mood.

But like other here, it varies a lot :smile:

Regards

Marcelo

11. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    My Hasselblads mostly. Sometimes my Nikon 35mm AF SLRs.

12. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The most, recently, a Kiev 4 with a collapsible Sonnar.
    But, a Nikon F2 gets used too - lots of fungus in the woods this fall, so the 55 Micro Nikkor/F2/tripod.
    However the Kiev plus two lenses in a belt pack seems to be the favorite right now.:smile:

13. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    On daily wanders the camera is an Olympus XA that occupies an inconspicuous corner of my Crumpler Miner Upset [sic].
    Four other cameras travel with me in the car.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I carry all sorts of cameras on rotation just to keep the shutters active but the one that has been most consistently with me in the last year has been my Leica III. That doesn't necessarily mean it is my most used camera in the sense of rolls of film shot, just that it is small enough that it gets picked up and carried most often.

The three that have been most consistently used over the last 5 years are the Leica M-A, the Rolleiflex 3.5 and the Wanderlust Travelwide. That is probably because these three fill a consistent need in my photography. However, I do think that the Lomo LCA 120 and Agfa Jsolette may be replacing the Rolleiflex over the past year since these two have had pretty consistent use in the last 12 months while the Rolleiflex has only been out and about a couple of times.

Both the Lomo and the Agfa do a pretty decent job, are very reliable as well as easy to use, but I don't think I have really seriously compared them against the Rollei for image quality. Maybe that is because I am afraid that they won't hold up to the little Rollei. :D

The Leica M-A goes without saying of course. I am not sure I own a nicer camera or one that so reliably produces great photographs. Since I bought it back in 2014 it has kind of moved everything aside, except perhaps for the Zeiss Ikon which I am also quite fond of.

16. cb1

cb1 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    it is either my RB67, AE1P or my DSLR T6i.
    Mostly the RB67.

17. Ko.Fe.

Ko.Fe. Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Then I turned into film:
    Olympus XA - it crapped out within year or so of daily use.
    Bessa R was everyday, everywhere. It worn out badly. Crappy exterior materials.
    Leica M4-2. I run it to the point it needed some parts for film advance.
    I have tried Minox 35 this one crapped out in no time.
    Some other film cameras, including SLRs...

After spending half of the purchase price for repair of M4-2 and waiting for months to get parts and have service done locally I'm not keen to use it as everyday camera anymore.
    I have tried many other film cameras, but only Leica film M is pleasing. I could set shutter speed and pre-focus without looking on it
    I'm kind of lost now. I used to have three film M, but it was silly. And I really need just one lens.

I have EOS 300 our family first advanced camera. Not as cute as Leica, but I like it and it just works. Maybe I'll get cheap 50 1.8 EF AF lens for it or 40 2.8 pancake. It is camera which is ready to take picture with one turn of the wheel.

18. Heinz

Heinz Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Rollei 35 S

19. macfred

macfred Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fuji GA645 series cameras (45mm or 60mm EBC Fujinon) or the Rolleiflex 3.5F.

20. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Groups:
    That's easy Canon F1.

21. choiliefan

choiliefan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The car camera is Robot 3/4-frame viewfinder camera with coated 40mm 1.9 Xenon lens.
    Very compact and capable but heavy.

22. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    These days it is most commonly a Nikon N55 with a 35/2 AF lens. This is a tiny and light-weight setup. It has state of the art electronics and AF and it lacks all the features I don't use. Nearly a perfect camera.

23. Kino

Kino Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Minolta SRT-Super with a handful of lenses and a Sekonic L-398 Light meter in a small bag.

24. blockend

blockend Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    My most carried camera is the Olympus XA3.

25. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    XA2/Stylus MJU Mk1/PEn EE3.

Gets changed up. XA2 has been getting the most work recently.

26. Jon Tryggvason

Jon Tryggvason Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just got the Olympus RC, this is now my smallest camera and easy to take along.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.