What is the most reliable and functional model of the Mamiya 645 line?

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipandre
Recent bookmarks

js98367

Shooter
Multi Format
I picked up an original M645 (500 top shutter speed) with some “C” lenses and would like to find a newer body that is in better shape. Are there models that are more desireable than others?

John near Seattle

chriscrawfordphoto

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
645 Pro is the one to get. It has interchangeable film backs and the metering prism for it offers both spotmetering and centerweighted metering. Get the winder grip for it; makes it almost as easy to handhold as a 35mm slr.

The 645 Super came right before the 645 Pro and has the same features, but suffered from reliability problems with the wind mechanism and shutter. These issues were fixed when they designed the Pro.

jvo

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
yup, pro or pro tl - although i've never had any problems with the m645's i've owned.

Dennis-B

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
My 645 1000s was a very reliable piece of equipment, and only a magazine insert ever failed. I added a 645 Super at one time, but ended up replacing it with the Pro TL. A couple of years ago, some time after I sold off my medium format gear, I found another Pro TL from a Japanese dealer. It's a wonderful piece of equipment, not a moment's trouble with it.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom