What is the MOST popular Kodak film today?

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

RattyMouse

Shooter
Multi Format
I'm curious as to which Kodak films available today are the most popular? By popular I mean highest sales volume. I could not guess what it is so that is why I'm asking. I am not even sure if it is their color films or black and white.

Does anyone have a reasonable guess which films sell the best?

railwayman3

Shooter
35mm
Pure guess, but I'd suggest the 200ISO consumer C-41 film, under the various names used in different markets.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Most wanted:
Kodak Ultra Color in 35mm
120, 4"x5"; Kodak Tri-X 400 in 4"x5"
Kodak Plus X in 35mm, 120, 4"x5"
Kodak Verichrome Pan in 35mm, 120, 4"x5"

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Most Popular: What he said in Post #2

t-royce

Shooter
Large Format
If you are limiting this to the prosumer films I would not have a real guess, but a C-41 on my side, if you mean all film sales volume, that would be easy, 35mm movie PROJECTION stock, has been the biggest seller for decades.
A single "major" movie release could use about 4 master rolls per film (a master roll is ~50" x ~5300' when on the coating machine).
Largest single use of film out there.
And the reason Kodak has stayed as profitable as it has, but also why the digital movie Theater is hurting it's bottom line now. Shooting a film uses very little film compared to the distribution prints.

ME Super

Shooter
Multi Format
What you're saying is probably true, but I bet PE would disagree, simply because 35mm movie projection stock is not C-41. I believe the process is ECP. If I were to include consumer and pro films, I'd say 400 speed consumer film. If I were limiting it to prosumer films, I'd say it's probably a toss-up between Ektar 100 and Portra 160. But that's just my uneducated guess.

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Whichever ones you can find these days, that's getting less and less.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom