Wet Silver and Pt Pd with gum over from digital film

Discussion in 'Wet Process Machine & Traditional Prints' started by Bob Carnie, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Ok so Sean has it up and as promised I want to give this new version a go so lets see how this works.

I have been experimenting with PS and digital negatives silver and pictorico for over 8 years now and feel I can add to this community.

Currently my specialty is Silver Gelatin and Platinum Paladium as well a Tri Colour pigment in gum over Palladium.

How many here are working with digital negs to make wet print, and if so how.

I am open to any and all questions on these processes.

2. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just bought a p7000 and 100ft (maybe 96ft) roll of pictorico ohp. from there I'm clueless. So my question would be what next?

3. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually, my real question is: when are you going to be giving a try color pigment workshop?

4. jeffreyg

jeffreyg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have been making pt/pd prints from:
    4x5 Ilford HP5
    enlarged negatives on x-ray duplicating film
    scanned negatives on Pictorico OHP using Dan Burkholder's software and with PhotoShop and my own curve

I've gotten very nice results with each and although I am partial to the film route some negatives requiring more than just simple editing do work best with the digital manipulation. I keep it as simple as possible and print the pt/pd on paper and/or vellum which I have backed with 24c gold leaf or sterling silver leaf as per Burkholder's technique.

I have never taken a workshop and far from a computer maven I managed to get results.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

5. OP
    OP
    Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Dude:
    I just announced two summer workshops on APUG - can't wait till these two sites link up…

say hello to your better half

Bob