Water Controll Mixer

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Mike A, May 25, 2005.

  1. Mike A

    Mike A Member

    Jan 14, 2005
    Yorkville, I
    ULarge Format
    I have a new sink installed in my "darkroom", I ripped my wifes laundry sink faucet of the wall and I've been told I need to replace it, the pipes are exposed.
    Should I go with a photographic orientated set up on a board (leedal, calumet......)?
    Or should I go the "Home Dumpo" route and make my own.
    I've read that the temp gauges on some of the brand name set up equiptment are not very accurate and allot of it is over priced.
    Any suggestions or instructions/diagrams will be appreciated.
  2. Peter Schrager

    Peter Schrager Subscriber

    Jul 19, 2004
    fairfield co
    Large Format
    temp control

    Mike-you believe what you want and such is life but you usually get what you pay for. I have a Leedal unit with two faucets and a large center dial. It's basically a set it and forget situation. I use it EVERYDAY for hours and hours. It has yet to see any replacement parts. I know it's off by 2 degrees now-after 20 years. This has been discussed here before and the "experts" will tell you how you don't need it. If you are serious about photography it will just make your processing that much easier. There are alot of ways to spend $300-400 in photography but I have never regretted purchasing the unit.
    Regards, Peter