View Camera magazine plans for 4x5 camera

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by linhofbiker, Apr 5, 2017.

1. linhofbiker

linhofbiker Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Years ago I subscribed to View Camera magazine. In one issue were the plans to building a 4x5 field camera out of wood. Does anyone know and/or have this issue. At the time I was planning on scaling up the design for 5x7 and making it out of ABS plastic sheet. I recently discovered the ABS sheets that I planned to use, have since retired and would like to try making this camera. I really don't need it since I have 5x7 Linhof Kardan Bi. but to have a more portable folding 5x7 would be nice to have.

2. Tim Stapp

Tim Stapp Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would be interested in this, as well. I have a 4x5 monorail, but would seriously be interested in a field camera design. I'll probably never have the time to get to it :smile:

3. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You're probably looking for Building Your Own Field Camera, Nov./Dec. 1996 or Designing and Building Your Own Camera Mar./Apr. 1995.
    Copies of the articles can be ordered from View Camera Magazine http://www.viewcamera.com/archives.html click on Archives link at the top of the page for ordering information.
    Its under the Free Articles tab on the home page http://www.viewcamera.com/

4. OP
    OP
    linhofbiker

linhofbiker Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the links. Steve Simmons on Facebook group is looking to see if he has these articles.

5. Tim Stapp

Tim Stapp Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any more feedback on this?