View Camera magazine plans for 4x5 camera

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by linhofbiker, Apr 5, 2017.

1. linhofbiker

linhofbiker Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Years ago I subscribed to View Camera magazine. In one issue were the plans to building a 4x5 field camera out of wood. Does anyone know and/or have this issue. At the time I was planning on scaling up the design for 5x7 and making it out of ABS plastic sheet. I recently discovered the ABS sheets that I planned to use, have since retired and would like to try making this camera. I really don't need it since I have 5x7 Linhof Kardan Bi. but to have a more portable folding 5x7 would be nice to have.

2. Tim Stapp

Tim Stapp Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would be interested in this, as well. I have a 4x5 monorail, but would seriously be interested in a field camera design. I'll probably never have the time to get to it :smile:

3. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You're probably looking for Building Your Own Field Camera, Nov./Dec. 1996 or Designing and Building Your Own Camera Mar./Apr. 1995.
    Copies of the articles can be ordered from View Camera Magazine http://www.viewcamera.com/archives.html click on Archives link at the top of the page for ordering information.
    Its under the Free Articles tab on the home page http://www.viewcamera.com/

4. OP
    OP
    linhofbiker

linhofbiker Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the links. Steve Simmons on Facebook group is looking to see if he has these articles.

5. Tim Stapp

Tim Stapp Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any more feedback on this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.