Using Simma-Colour or Cibachrome drums to develop 35mm.

Skimming Stones

D
Skimming Stones

Stone In Focus

D
Stone In Focus

Whitewater

D
Whitewater

Total Descent To Mind Beach

D
Total Descent To Mind Beach

C10 Detail

A
C10 Detail

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odeo606
Recent bookmarks

niss

Shooter
35mm
I have a bunch of small drums for my roller and was wondering if it is possible to put 35mm spools in it for developing? I know there is a special jobo tank for a roller but was wondering if anyone had success doing thus or putting regular tanks on a roller?

Thx!

Niss

johnielvis

Shooter
Medium Format
yes, of course!

see below thread:

(there was a url link here which no longer exists)

Paul Howell

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I tired using SS reels in a Bessler or Durst Paper drum. Because a paper drum uses so little chemistry development was uneven, the outer frames were good, but the interior frames were underdeveloped.

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
You probably didn't have enough chemistry in the tube to cover the reel properly.

Paul Howell

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Bessler and Unicolor paper tanks have an open mouth to add and drain and take a few ounces of chemistry, not enough to submerge the entire roll to mid reel. I use a couple of paper drums for sheet film when I need to process just a few sheets at a time. My Durst tube does a cap, but is too narrow to fit my Unicolor motor base.

Paul Howell

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Bessler and Unicolor paper tanks have an open mouth to add and drain and take a few ounces of chemistry, not enough to submerge the entire roll to mid reel. I use a couple of paper drums for sheet film when I need to process just a few sheets at a time. My Durst tube does a cap, but is too narrow to fit my Unicolor motor base.

I took time to look at a Cibracrome drum, the Cibrachrome type drum will only accept a a few ozs of chemistry before it overflows the cup on the top of tube, then drain out of the bottom. The other issue will paper drums is that unlike a Unicolor film drum a paper drum cannot be adjusted to accommodate for differnt numbers of reels.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom