Using Fuji Instax Wide film with Polaroid 100-type cameras?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by keenmaster486, Jan 29, 2018.

1. keenmaster486

keenmaster486 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Eventually, the supply of Fuji packfilm will run out, and we will not see new packfilm being made again for a long time.

Is it at all possible to modify a Polaroid 100 type land camera for use with newer Fuji Instax Wide film? I know it's a completely different process, but perhaps there's a way.

I don't want to see my Polaroid fall into disuse!

2. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Perhaps a 3D-created adapter could be made to hold the Instax film in the Polaroid camera; some mechanism would be needed to eject the sheets.

I'm totally ignorant of the Instax process. As you know, the Polaroid pack film cameras rely on tabs that attach to each sheet and which are manually pulled out through the rollers.

I wonder if Polaroid Originals may someday make pack film. I have three pack film cameras and love the results I've gotten with the Fuji FP film.

3. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You should be able to attach an Instax film to the pressure plate of a spent Polaroid-type cartridge and get a single exposure.

4. David T T

David T T Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format