UK Photographers - advice sought

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by TheFlyingCamera, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:59 PM.

1. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do any of the assembled ears from the UK know of any places/groups where a photographer could go for in-person critique/feedback on a portfolio? I have a friend in the London area who needs some constructive critique of a body of work he's building, and while I can help out some, I'm remote and only able to review work online. Feedback greatly appreciated. This photographer shoots mostly digital, so a militantly analog venue would not be a good match.

2. Ste_S

Ste_S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How many images do they want critiqued ?
    Royal Photographic Society give critique on 10-20 images as part of distinction advisory days if you're a member. They also offer online critique.

Other than that a local (good) camera club ?

3. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I suggest contacting the RPS.they do this frequently at multiple locations and I'm sure London is on their list.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    He might try visiting PhotoFusion in Brixton, London, it's a photography gallery and workshop facility. The RPS isn't really the place for bodies of work.

Ian

5. mpirie

mpirie Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  6. Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

7. OP
    OP
    TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for the feedback. I've passed along your comments and recommendations!

8. Mike Crawford

Mike Crawford Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There is a day of folio reviews later this month on the 29th November at the Fix Festival in London. I exhibited at the festival last year which was great fun. Can't see any link for booking or who is reviewing, but information and contact details on this page:
    http://www.lauraannnoble.com/fixphoto/

The big one for the UK is the Format Festival next March in Derby. It's always a great and friendly festival with lots of exhibitions, meeting and events. Two hours on the train from London. Details for the folio reviews here, with an international list of reviewers which can be booked in advance. Having been to the reviews myself, it is a well organised day. At the end of the day, everyone who has booked gets a table to put their work out for anyone at the festival to browse through.
    http://portfolioreview.formatfestival.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.