Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin C
Recent bookmarks

Andrew Horodysky

Hi everyone,

I recently shot a couple of rolls of TRI-X (135) at EI 800 -- portraits, using window lighting (testing out a newly acquired Canon F-1N).

I'd like to know if anyone has experiences with both XTOL and Microphen. And, what are the property differences, visually,
between these two developers, with a moderate (800) push. I've used TRI-X/XTOL at lower EI(s), and with other films, but haven't
tried Microphen. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Andrew

PS -- OOPS! Sorry, this is awfully close to the previous thread. Comments appreciated, nonetheless.

Larry.Manuel

Shooter
Medium Format
I've begun using XTOL, after reading many use-reports of people happy with it. From what I've read, the 1+3 dilution is favoured for pushing, and Tri-X at 800 is not a huge push. Many people say it takes several dozen rolls [at a specific Exposure Index] to understand one film and one developer. I concur.

If the negs are truly for testing, it might be worthwhile to develop a few frames at a time to allow yourself to tweak agitation and times.

Best of luck, I'm betting you'll be happy.

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
I use TX at 800 in Acufine fairly frequently, 6 min at 68F, agitate first 15 sec, then 5 sec every minute. Microphen should give you similar results.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom