Tower Type-3 ... shutter won't work @ 1/500

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Jean Poitiers, Nov 10, 2018 at 3:14 PM.

1. Jean Poitiers

Jean Poitiers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I recently acquired a Tower Type-3 in great shape other than the 1/500 speed will not seem to work. I discovered this after the first test roll. The frames that are at 1/500 are not exposed except for a very small spot, thus no correct opening between the two curtains (?)

I have placed a piece of cut white paper in the film slot with the base off and eye tested the speeds. All look good enough except for 1/500. I double checked this method with my Leica IIIf and the paper insert is visible at 1/500, but not so on the Tower.

Are any adjustments possible, and if not, does anyone of a person for a possible CLA?

Thanks in advance for any input and have aa good day. Cheers, J

2. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Youxin Yue did the CLA on mine four or five years ago. Still working well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.