Threads
Members
Latest member
jgreen
Recent bookmarks

Nikkorray

Shooter
4x5 Format
I accidentally exposed TMAX 100 as ISO 400. I've heard that TMAX doesn't push very well but I would like to salvage what I can. I currently have DDX & HC-110 developers in stock. Which ones would you recommend using & at what dilution? Thanks in advance.

Neal

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Dear Nikkorray,

In the Xtol data sheet, Kodak publishes detailed times and temperatures for pushing T-Max.

Neal Wydra

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Nikkorray said:
I accidentally exposed TMAX 100 as ISO 400. I've heard that TMAX doesn't push very well but I would like to salvage what I can. I currently have DDX & HC-110 developers in stock. Which ones would you recommend using & at what dilution? Thanks in advance.

You should be able to push TMX two stops in either one. For HC-110, my own preference would be Dilution G (1:119 from syrup -- be sure to observe a minimum 3 ml syrup per roll, which require a double tank with at least 360 ml for 35 mm); I find development for 3 times the Dilution B time, with agitation every 3 minutes, gives me normal negatives; for a two-stop push, I'd go to 4 times Dilution B time and increase agitation from 3 minute intervals to every minute.

The result will be contrasty, no shadow detail, and you'll likely wish you could reshoot -- but it's likely the negatives will be printable enough for some uses. TMX, unfortunately, is one of the least forgiving emulsions in terms of exposure.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom