This was a hard photo to shoot. (Holy Communion)

surprise!

A
surprise!

• Tel
  • Feb 7, 2023
Anatomy

A
Anatomy

Morning

D
Morning

BD2023-1.jpg

D
BD2023-1.jpg

BD2023-2.jpg

D
BD2023-2.jpg

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumfishie
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
Holy Communion D.D. Teoli Jr..jpg

This is a toughie. You get one chance, for one shot, once a year at Easter to get the Bishop.

Lots of things have to be in line and make it an iffy shot. First year I did it I wore a hoody with wrist watch...too much bulky distraction. Another year hands were too high, another year too low, another year Bishop quit before I got up there, another year Bishop put his hand in mine and the movement looked bad. This year's try was OK, maybe it would have had more separation in color. But all I had was an old BW Leica Monochrom, so made the most of it. Also got kids big head in it which does nothing for the pix.

Should I mention it...photo is candid. Guess I should, people always ask me if my stuff is posed. They can't figure people shoot this kinda stuff without permission...and more important I get it!

Also one of the very, very few times I wear a neck strap. Camera has to be perfect height and it helps if you got a little belly to push out to raise the camera slightly. Shot was done via 2 second self-timer. ISO 3200, just usable for my taste. And it had to be pushed 1-1/2 stops or so as it was an adapted fisheye, slow to start with and more slow after adapting.

Photo has had about 20 minutes of post processing, but it has not been printed. A printed version may need some more adjustment. Transmitted light does not always equal reflected light. I shot it at Easter and just looked at it today...by chance. I got photos going back to 2013 I have not looked at yet. Am backed up terribly.

Photo may go in a book I'm doing. We will see.

Last edited:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom