The New Polaroid/Impossible

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by keenmaster486, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Prof_Pixel

Prof_Pixel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    From the Polaroid Wiki: "When the original Polaroid Corporation was declared bankrupt in 2001, its brand and assets were sold off. The "new" Polaroid formed as a result itself declared bankruptcy in 2008, resulting in a further sale and the present-day Polaroid Corporation. In May 2017, the brand and intellectual property of the Polaroid corporation was acquired by the largest shareholder of the Impossible Project, which had originally started out in 2008 by producing new instant films for Polaroid cameras. Impossible Project was renamed Polaroid Originals in September 2017."

2. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The fact that it is called Polaroid "Originals", and not simply Polaroid sort of doesn't sit well with me. It seems a bit kitschy...If they want to call it Polaroid, call it by name! Perhaps there is a legal issue somewhere effecting that, who knows.

3. Truzi

Truzi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I know, I know, necropost.

Finally got around to trying the new Polaroid Originals Color 600 in my father's OneStep closeup. Not perfect, and some color shifts where the flash concentrated, but it is much improved. I really like it.

It's now something I'd show to more than just my photography friends.

I seriously considered the OneStep2 camera, but I've three perfectly good old Polaroids as it is.