The making of a Kallitype print (video)

Discussion in 'Hand Coated Wet Prints' started by Janosch Simon, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Janosch Simon

Janosch Simon Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    hey all:smile: my Kallitype Process works pretty well :smile: here is a smal video of my latest print :smile:

hope you like it :smile:

cheers and thx
    janosch

2. nmp

nmp Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes, we like it!:D

3. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    you went from coating the paper to developing the paper. how about the negative and an exposure section or do I assume it was already on the paper?? NOT!
    just a little curious
    Peter

4. OP
    OP
    Janosch Simon

Janosch Simon Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    hehe peter jep i wrote it under the video sorry :D so here a little more detail and recap: i used pictorico ohp foil printer was an epson 1500w with capefearpres bw ink the negativ i printed with quadtone rip and the quad curve was profiled with bwmastery.com excel magic sheet :smile: then sandwitch in my exposure frame and exposed to an hmi showtech 575w followspot used in the theater. and here my little helper called "dosimeter" stoped when 78000 units are reached thats the dose i figured to get max black which works perfect repatable :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    Janosch Simon

Janosch Simon Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    dosimeter.jpg
    here is a picture of the frame and dosimeter :smile:

6. nmp

nmp Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi, Janosch:

Not familiar with the inks you name. Are these dye inks or pigment inks?

Thanks....

:Niranjan.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. OP
    OP
    Janosch Simon

Janosch Simon Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    the ink is dye based you can order it here http://www.capefearpress.com/order.html "Grayscale Dye-Based Inkset for High Resolution Continuous Tone Digital Positives / Negatives plus High Contrast / High Density output for Screen Printing, Puretch and Letterpress " cheers janosch

8. nmp

nmp Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the link. Do dye inks have concern with interacting with moisture on the paper, if any? I am thinking of converting an old Epson for printing diginegs myself.

9. OP
    OP
    Janosch Simon

Janosch Simon Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    no problem so far i let the inks dry for 20 min or somthing and there is no smearing also my kallitype emulsion dries for 20min and is then relativly dry :smile:
    bigger problem is the foil so far ONLY pictorico works with my epson 1500w and the cape fear ink at 100% at the moment i make a test with fixxon which looks vers promissing ink limit is around 75% fingers crossed :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.