Thank you, Fotoimpex / Adox !!

Discussion in '[Partner] ADOX' started by Film-Niko, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Film-Niko

Film-Niko Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi,

I just want to say thank you very much Fotoimpex, for your excellent communication and updated film photography news on your Fotoimpex Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/FOTOIMPEX

You are doing an outstanding job keeping us film photographers well informed about all the news in the film photography scene.
    Thank you very much and please continue with your efforts!

2. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Keeping analog alive..you are appreciated! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have to admit I do not use any Facebook site of any manufacturer. Maybe I should.
    So far I only used their own sites.

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I do not use FaceBook and never will, so the effort is wasted on me.

5. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Facebook can extend your network and let people know about your company..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

6. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    And for those of us that don't "do" Facebook, what are the news?

7. Henning Serger

Henning Serger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ricardo, you don't have to "do" Facebook, being registered there, to benefit from the Fotoimpex Facebook page: Just read the news there, they are all public.
    You can benefit from it just like benefitting from reading a newspaper.

Best regards,
    Henning

8. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sorry, I don't even want to see anything related to that site.
    I don't have to. That is my option.

Best regards,
    Ricardo

9. Henning Serger

Henning Serger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Ricardo,

of course you don't have to.
    Of course you can refuse helpful information which is given you for free by a company which really cares for film photographers.
    You're free in what you're doing.

This is just an offer by Fotoimpex for all the film photographers who want to be informed about what is going on in the film photography world.
    And there are thousands of film photographers who want to be informed.
    And Fotoimpex is doing that on their own costs. They don't charge any photographer for their work.

Best regards,
    Henning

10. Jesper

Jesper Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Adox I like, use and am very grateful for.
    Facebook is something else. I read the terms of service once but since I was neither drunk nor mad enough I couldn't accept them.

11. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Henning,

They can also post the info on their OWN website, instead of relying in a 3rd party site.
    That's what I'm against to.
    I like to go to Ilford, Foma and others sites and see the info I need there. Not wanting to go and hunt a pit of snails.

12. Henning Serger

Henning Serger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ricardo,

I have to completely disagree.

Look at the company websites of Ilford, Foma, Film Ferrania or anyone else and you will immediately see that there is absolutely nothing concerning information about the film photography scene in general.
    Look at the Fotoimpex Facebook page and what was publisehd there in the last months. Just do it to know.
    Nothing of that can be found on the Ilford, Foma, Ferrania etc. company pages.
    That are the facts.
    On the company pages you can only find news and information about the company products or the company itself.
    And that is offering Fotoimpex / Adox of course as well about their products on their company pages.

Information about new produced film cameras, exhibitions, fairs, trends, photographers etc. on the Foma, Ilford etc. company pages? No.
    Sometimes you find such information given by FilmFerrania or Ilford (but never by Foma) on their......guess what.....Facebook pages!!
    So please be fair:
    If you criticise Fotoimpex for using Facebook, you have to be consequent and must also criticise Ilford, Film Ferrania, Silverprint, Kodak Alaris, Fuji, Bergger, Tetenal, Moersch...etc. for using Facebook.
    These companies all have realised how essential FB is today for getting in contact with (potential) customers.

There are lost of reasons why using Facebook ist the best solution for film companies:
    - They do reach much more people on a much more effective way
    - Facebook offers technical solutions which you don't have if you are only using your own website
    - there is a significantly growing number of film photographers on Facebook, which is very important to support a film revival
    - it keeps the costs down.

To give the information Fotoimpex is giving on their Facebook page is
    - just not possible the same effective way using only the company website
    - it would significantly increase the cost for this free service.

Like it or not, but the great majority of companies today ist using Facebook because it simply makes lots of sense for them to use it.
    Especially for film companies!!
    And again:
    In this case here you as a not registered Facebook user have absolutely no disadvantage by just reading what is published by Fotoimpex or Ilford or Film Ferrania or anyone else on their Facebook pages.

The business reality today is:
    Those film companies, labs etc. who are using Facebook have much much better chances to stay in business or improve their business than companies who refuse to use FB like Foma (which avoid to do marketing in general, how counterproductive).
    As someone with also a background in market research I tell you that Facebook is absolutely important for a strong film revival in our current world.

Best regards,
    Henning

13. fdonadio

fdonadio Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Their Facebook pages are public. You don't have to have a Facebook account to see them. Period.

But, if you want to be on the safe side, be sure to have your browser set to not accept cookies and other important security measures.

Mostly any big Internet company today tracks their customers, unfortunately.

Disclaimer: I also don't do Facebook. I used to, but realized what I was doing and terminated my account.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't have Facebook account. In today's world Facebook, Twiter, and similar sites are standard must have for almost every company. I don't know any big company that does not have "follow us on xyz" option.

16. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Henning

I think we are talking different things.
    You are talking about promotion and use of film and I'm talking about basic film news and info such as datasheets.

For promotion, especially among young digitographers used to Face and Insta, then it makes sense to use their socio media to promote something they don't know.
    For that there are others like FilmsNotDead that do great work in promoting film use, including Foma films.

I was just talking about basic film info and news and wouldn't like to have to go to those other places for that sort of thing.

Regards,
    Ricardo

17. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    +1

18. Don Promillo

Don Promillo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There are enough podcasts, blogs and information on forums to fill my needs for news.
    As much as I like the companies and their products, if they choose to rely on Facebook to advertise and promote, I choose to ignore these news.

Not only because I have problems with making an account and selling my soul to the devil, but mostly due to the fact, that it's posted on the most annoying, unreadable, bloated, unusable, confusing, unsearchable, manipulative, ugly and inconvenient website on the internet today.

19. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1. If the indications here on this thread here at APUG, arguably the most popular analog-film forum, is their target audience, they might want to heed the comments.

20. Arctic amateur

Arctic amateur Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thread summary:

OP: "Hey, look at this fantastic outreach this company is doing on this social website!"
    Grumpy brigade: "Bah! They're doing it wrong! I don't like that website! They should advertise somewhere less accessible! Humbug! Get off my lawn!"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  21. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For me the best accessible site would be the manufacturer primary site. Why do I have to go to a second site and look at two sites in parallel?
    I just don't get it.

Of course they can post on Facebook additionally.

Concerning Fotoimpex: I never was at their FB site, as even Fotoimpex did not tell me to go there as something interesting/important would be happening there.

22. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just check out the Fotoimpex page in Facebook and see how enthusiastic they are.

23. Henning Serger

Henning Serger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear Ricardo,

please read the original post of member Film-Niko. His / this topic is not about what you are talking about like datasheets.
    It is about, I quote:
    "You are doing an outstanding job keeping us film photographers well informed about all the news in the film photography scene."

Detailed datasheets are published by Adox on the Adox homepage.

And they offer an additional, free service reporting about news in the general film photography scene (not Adox or Fotoimpex related) via their Facebook page.
    And using Facebook for that is just the best, most effective and economic way to reach the film photography community, or at least the most biggest part of it.
    Facebook has more than 1,5 billion members and is significantly increasing.
    And there are millions of current and / or potential film shooters on Facebook. And dozens of dedicated film photographer groups there.
    Apug is just tiny compared to the growing global film photographer community on Facebook. Much much much more film photographers are registered on Facebook than on apug. That is just the reality.

Best regards,
    Henning

24. ADOX Fotoimpex

ADOX Fotoimpex Partner Partner

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not quite. On our own wesbite we post everything important relating to our company like new products. We do as well here.
    Obviously you also find MSDS, techinfo and product descriptions in detail on the ADOX/FOTOIMPEX website.
    Those we do not publish on facebook.

On facebook however you can repost interesting articles from third parties. So if we read something cool about a camera workshop and they have interesting images published we can repost this without worrying about copyright infrigment. We could not do so on our own site because then we would be the publisher and could be sued.
    This is what´s going on on facebook. it´s all about reposting interesting content relating to analogue photography found somewhere else.

Interesting hint about our page not making a lot of reference to our facebook page. I never thought this way. Facebook is all about atracting people to go the other way ending up on our page (and using the store) :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  25. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That was a hint in case Fotoimpex had something important posted at Facebook and not on the primary site.
    I made such encounters in other cases with lacking references.

But as long in your case everything important concerning Fotimpex is to be found at the primary site, no need for changes or specific references.

26. claudius

claudius Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sorry for taking up this old thread from 2015

all the nice thing said on Facebook - well now see what happend with all your personal data -
    as i see it, you all sold your soul to the Devil !

many serious old compagnies jumped blindfolded into it too- ignoring their homepage -
    take Fotoimpax for instance, i had to give up buying more nice stuff , it is simply impossible for me to log in now.
    the dialog box on the site is not working either!
    i turned to MacoDirect asking about a special developer for their own film brand.
    i am still waiting for an answer.

i think FaceBook Twitter a.s.o. --- are blurring their focus , ignoring the customers on their MAIN Pages ??

do i use these medias - i tried years ago, it stole a lot of my precious time with mostly nonsens-
    i found a way to cancel - focus is now on track.

i am sad it is nessesary to post this, i only hope that the above mentioned dealers read it,
    I NEED THE D- - - - DEVELOPER .
    klaus
    denmark

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.