Something you really should see...

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by dpurdy, Nov 11, 2018.

1. dpurdy

dpurdy Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just finished watching a 3 part series that was originally on public broadcasting but is available on Netflix.. which is where I watched it.. by Ken Burns, a documentary on "Prohibition". I believe it is the greatest collection of photographs I have ever seen. And I don't even like social or street photography. The documentary is very interesting for the information it presents but I swear you could watch it with the sound off and still be amazed by the non stop black and white photography. Not only motion picture photography but endless studies of beautifully done still photography. The whole 3 part series, something like 4 hours, is really a must see for photographers. Just stunning.

Dennis

2. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    cheers for that dennis i will check it out. I am in need of some inspiration at the moment.

3. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I have seen it. It is very well done.

4. OP
    OP
    dpurdy

dpurdy Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The photography in it is definitely inspirational. It made me want to go out and photograph humanity.. which I usually have no interest in.

5. Svenedin

Svenedin Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Yes! I saw that a while ago and I really enjoyed it. Both the social history and the photography. Very good.

6. GRHazelton

GRHazelton Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Ken Burns is the King of documentary features! Check out his Civil War, among others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.