Slide duplicators

Discussion in 'Misc. Hybrid Discussions' started by RalphLambrecht, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    has anybody tried to digitise negatives by photographing them via slide duplicator? Did it work. what was your experience?tips, recommendations?

2. gorbas

gorbas Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    Yes, it works well and super fast comparing to dedicated film scanners.

3. twelvetone12

twelvetone12 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I used one to digitalize super 8 still frames with a Nikon D40, the results were exceptional, unfortunately that camera is not full frame so I would only get crops out of slides with my duplicator, but the results were nice too.

4. OP
    OP
    RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    what equipment did you use?

5. samcomet

samcomet Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Groups:
    I use an Illumitrans for 35mm (and sometimes 6 x 6) or a duplicon for 16mm and S8 movie film.. Both are used with Pentax screw mount (M 42 ?) analog cameras. Best of luck!
    Cheers,
    Sam

6. guangong

guangong Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ditto the Bowen’s Illumitran.

7. twelvetone12

twelvetone12 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I used an old Tamron duplicator which I modified so I could slid in 8mm film, which was held in place by an old slide frame

8. C Jensen

C Jensen Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use a ChromaPro with my Nikon Df and 55mm f2.8 AIs Micro Nikkor. I have masks from 8mm to 4X5
    CHROMAPRO.jpg

9. gorbas

gorbas Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    IMG_2149.JPG
    This is my set up from a few years back, Using Nikon D7000. Due to native extension of bellows system (1:1 ratio with Micro Nikkor 55 at infinity at minimum extension) with APSC sensor and Nikon bellows you can not use 55mm lenses. Because of it use of 75mm or 80mm lens is mandatory. Nikon PB-5 and slide-negative holder PS-4. Light source: Rosco LED panel. Tethered shooting thru Adobe LR. Right now using Apo Rodagon D 4.5/75mm. Micro Nikkors 2.8 and 3.5/55 unfortunately were not as good as enlarging lenses I tried on APSC and full frame.
    Vertical setups are OK but I found them extremely uncomfortable for extended period of time. This horizontal set up works like charm. And as always YMMV!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.