Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
4x5 Format
Slavich photo papers are preferred by many for lith printing. Plus, there are those of us who like the graded papers for normal printing. I, for one, really like the Unibrom 160 glossy paper.

Slavich no longer has a U.S. distributor, but Mark Larsen has kindly agreed to head a buyers group and place orders (likely quarterly) directly with the manufacturer on their behalf. Basically, he'll be collecting orders from the group till he has a large enough order and then functioning as an importer. He has asked me to post here, since he's not a member of the forum.

If any here are interested in participating in the Slavich buyers group, you can contact Mark directly at the e-mail address below for information and a product list.

mark@laralmgmt.com

Moderators: Please move this post if it's not in the correct forum.

Best,

Doremus

MarkL

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
Thanks for posting this Doremus. I'm targeting an early October order to test the waters. What I don't yet know is pricing and shipping/importing cost, although there won't be a retail middleman because I'll just charge the direct cost.

Shooter
Medium Format
I had the impression that Slavich had ceased production of their photo papers?

There used to be several distributors here in Germany, but they have for a long time only been selling remaining stock and when I checked a while ago at the Lithuanian online shop, which is linked from the Slavich web pages, they were also out of stock for most sizes.

Shooter
Medium Format
Actually just took a look at their site and it seems to show what they have:
http://slavich.com/

Yes, they seem to do so, but not everything listed on their web page is actually available. If you visit Slavich's official web shop, you can only order Unibrom 160 BP (fibre based) in a limited number of gradations and sizes. The listed Unibrom 160 BE paper (resin coated) is not available anywhere.

There are however some dealers with remaining stock of the no more listed Bromportrait paper.

OP
OP
Shooter
4x5 Format
For a complete list of available Slavich papers, sizes and grades, contact Mark at the address above. Unibrom is available in matt and glossy in fiber base and in glossy for RC, there is also Bromoportrait in smooth and embossed glossy. Both come in sheets and rolls. Mark is planning an order for October 1st, so do contact him if you are interested.

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
Medium Format
For a complete list of available Slavich papers, sizes and grades, contact Mark at the address above. Unibrom is available in matt and glossy in fiber base and in glossy for RC, there is also Bromoportrait in smooth and embossed glossy. Both come in sheets and rolls. Mark is planning an order for October 1st, so do contact him if you are interested.

I live in Germany, so it would be pretty pointless for me to order from the US. After running out of the discontinued Foma silk surface paper, I was keen to give Slavich Bromportrait a try, but availability has been somewhere between poor an non-existent in Europe for the last two years or so. Their own web page does not list Bromportrait anymore, they do not sell it in their own web shop and there are perhaps two or three retailers in Europe with remaining stock in a few sizes. Where does Matt obtain his products and is the supply reliable?

Everything else seen online seem very much to indicate that Slavich is about to or has ceased production of their photo papers.

Bob Carnie

Subscriber
Shooter
Med. Format RF
Is this a one time purchase, or is someone a business group going to purchase a larger quantity ?

I like Slavich but I unfortunately do not inventory any product as I use so many niche materials I would go broke. But it would be nice to know someone has this product in NA.

MarkL

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
I'm sorry I hadn't checked back on this site to see your posts. I have signed a contract with the factory for a shipment of paper for about 8 people. Several sizes and grades of Unibrom were unavailable and no Bromportrait. My contact at Slavich said they've been making paper for 30 years and are not going to stop, but I'm skeptical because so many items are out of stock. For Unibrom users I would suggest you get ahold of rolls which seem to be available. Shipping is expensive. For an $1,800 paper order we'll be paying $700 for 14 day shipping to the USA. I hope to do one more order in several months if there are any takers. I will have to receive and then repackage and mail from my home so there will be additional domestic shipping charges, but everything is at cost so the end cost is still pretty good.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom