Simulation of Dagor Lens with Zernike on to image, compared to ray tracing ?

Yesterdays Disguise

A
Yesterdays Disguise

Lake Country Corp.

A
Lake Country Corp.

Redwood

A
Redwood

Graffitis

A
Graffitis

Winchester street singers

A
Winchester street singers

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeluxeLimo
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
35mm RF
Pseudo Zernike Polynomials are the most basic formulas I have ever seen in optics book. You find the radius of one surface and with multiplying couple of times , you find each lens surface aberration list and powers, up to tens of different easiest to hardest aberrations.

I want to know,

Is it possible to simulate a lens without so much harder ray tracing , glass dispersion characteristics with continuing to process the image with aberrations for every surface in the row at the lens ?

It seems basic and but What I am missing ?

Umut

OP
OP
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Shooter
35mm RF
I found extented nijboer zernike diffraction theory and it fits to my needs. There is a lots of resources on that at google. One thing amazed me that online book writes about use of ray tracing is fits to old lenses , say latest 50s. After need use of wave theory , zernike solves the problems. Author talks about the possibility to find PSF with that method. I dont know how finding PSF contributes if you find the all phase of the system with zernike method. I know OTF and MTF derives from that method.

What else PSF,OTF,MTF contributes to if I have the phase. What they say about unsaid , if there is any ?

Anyone ?

Umut

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom