Simpler Cameras

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by ongakublue, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Kiron Kid

Kiron Kid Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    9DB61A38-110C-485B-9F44-8A27C1CF2EE4.jpeg

I concur. It’s a visceral thing, a feeling.

2. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. slackercrurster

slackercrurster Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    With LM and ZM lenses you can 'focus by feel' if you know where the focus tab translates to the distance scale. No need to look at the lens. This is a trick for zone focus / candid / shooting from the hip work.

...landscapers need not apply.

4. abruzzi

abruzzi Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I got an SV recently (mine wont fit the 8 element Takumar.). It’s a beautiful feeling camera. I shot two test rolls with Fomapan 100, one with a 55/1.8 and the other with a mix of 55/1.8, 35/3.5, and 105/2.8. I intentionally didn’t meter any of the shots (I have a couple incedent meters and my cell phone) because I wanted to see how well I can guess exposure starting from a couple basic rules (sunny 16, etc.).

After developing, the rolls seem to have come out pretty well exposed. My ideal 35mm camera has TTL open aperture metering with simple needle that shows over/under, like my Nikormat FTN, but this is a fun experiment to see if I can meter by eye. I’ll need some more challenging lighting next.

5. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why? The mirror shouldn't hit the rear element.

6. abruzzi

abruzzi Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Supposedly the early SVs with a green R on the rewind wheel have a larger mirror that won't work with the 8 element takumar. Later SVs with an orange R have a smaller mirror that works with the 8 element lens.

7. Kiron Kid

Kiron Kid Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.