Simple 8x10 design

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Sapphirephoenix2, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Sapphirephoenix2

Sapphirephoenix2 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hello, I've build a 4x5 camera already which is very minimal and low tech, basically a board with a holga lens attatched and a film holder as the back, with no groundglass. I am looking to keep in this style of utility and no movements. I use large format for the clarity and grain of the film.

Can anyone direct me in any designs for an 8x10 camera?

thanks,dan

2. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The fotoman designs are about as easy as it can be. Lens cone and holder, voila. You can purchase a helicoidal focusing assembly from them or make up something yourself.

3. DannL

DannL Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Look at Alan Greene's book Primitive Photography. There is a nice sliding box camera design. I made a similar camera with a ground glass back that accepts 8x10 holders. I have some images of it on my flickr account (my account is under fotofish) of the camera. The only thing I purchased was the ground glass. The rest was scrap from work or my shop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.