Shooting TTL with a film Nikon (FE2) Need some wisdom.

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by rpavich, Jul 4, 2018.

1. rpavich

rpavich Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I need some input on how to go about this. I normally shoot manual flash. I am not usually in a situation where I am moving around and the flash-to-subject-distance is changing but I do want to explore that avenue now.
    I'm going to be using a Nikon FE2.

When I've shot digital, as I said, I use manual flash because I have an external meter and usually take the time to set things up but I have used TTL also. (for bounce flash where the subject-distance is changing constantly)

I'd like to use TTL on my FE2 now also. Is it as simple as setting the flash on TTL and forgetting it? Will the FE2 know what to do? I guess I've never really thought about how or why TTL works, I just used it when I needed it.

Can someone fill in the blanks on how this is done?

2. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes it's very simple. It's more simple than on the digital as you have no choice only 1 type of TTL. Switch the flash to TTL, pick an aperture then fire away.

3. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Great!
    I bought an SB16b on ebay to use. Now i just have to wait for the dang camera to get here :smile:

4. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Oh I have 2 of them with 1 of the b foot and 2 of the a foot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.