Sold Schneider-Kreuznach 150mm/265mm Convertible Lens on Sinar Board with Aperture Control

Down the hatch

A
Down the hatch

Rockwood Park-2

A
Rockwood Park-2

Bodie Methodist Church.jpg

A
Bodie Methodist Church.jpg

Kafka re-visited.

H
Kafka re-visited.

Girl in Cathedral Cloisters

A
Girl in Cathedral Cloisters

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oddy
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for JWL Images (2)

JWL Images

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
Vintage lens I used with my Sinar Norma; this is a sharp, very clean sample with the convertible focal length feature - it’s a “normal” 150mm, but when one element is unscrewed & removed it becomes a 265mm lens. It’s mounted on a Sinar board, for use with the Sinar/Copal Auto Exposure Shutter. It dates to the older version of the shutter via the “rabbit-ear” manual aperture control, but is usable on any Auto-Ap shutter with manual over-ride. Note that the lens as mounted does not have a shutter - that is one of the strengths of the Sinar system, consistent exposure as a single shutter is used for every dB-mounted lens. (of course you can unmount the lens elements from this board to move them to one with a conventional board with its own shutter if desired)

Comes with original front & rear lens caps. $125 plus shipping. If you are buying from me for the first time, please give me your full name, PayPal email, verified street address and phone number and I will send you an invoice. At this time I can only ship to US addresses (sorry!).

Attachments

• JWL_2021_01-27_011LR.jpg
    JWL_2021_01-27_011LR.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 32
  • JWL_2021_01-27_013LR.jpg
    JWL_2021_01-27_013LR.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 33
  • JWL_2021_01-27_017LR.jpg
    JWL_2021_01-27_017LR.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 32

cjbecker

Shooter
Traditional
I had this lens on my first 4x5 setup. Looking back at those negatives and prints, it was probably the finest lens ive had. Good luck on the sale!

OP
OP

JWL Images

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
Hi cjbecker - yes, I made some really nice images with this lens. A whole different world from shooting digital now, of course (I remember when we hoped Sinar would somehow figure a way to make a sensor 4x5 inches, so we could keep using our view cameras ;-)

johnwwyatt

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Sorry, I am new to large format: Can you remove the lens and use it on a different board like Lindhof? (I have an Intrepid 4x5)

OP
OP

JWL Images

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
Hi johnwyatt,

Bob is correct - you can unscrew the elements and remount them into a Linhof board with a shutter (probably not worth the trouble, unless you have the board on hand). But as is, this is intended for use mounted in front of a Sinar/Copal Shutter.
Good luck!
John

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom