Schneider Componon 80 f/5.6 thread size?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by wrench, Mar 8, 2009.

1. wrench

wrench Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just did a bunch of searching and couldn't find and answer.

Does anybody know what size the thread mount is for this lens? I know it's definitely not 39mm, but I can't figure out if its 25mm or 32mm. And while I'm at it, does anyone know if I can get a beseler lensboard for it that will fit in my dichro 23dga enlarger?

Thanks for helping, this has been somewhat exasperating.
    Best, Laura

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Schneider changed the thread sizes, so they aren't all the same. But there were adaptors to 39mm, I have two or three none spare unfortunately.

Some of my 105's are I think 25mm, one of my 75/80mm is 25mm, but all the newer versions are 39mm.

Ian

3. R W Penn

R W Penn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Get 4x4 inch alum 1/8 thick drill hole to fit lens.

4. phenix

phenix Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    1) 25mm.
    2) Better get an adapter 25-39mm (easy to find).

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    These lenses don't have retaining rings so that's not a good option.

The 25mm/39mm adaptor is the best idea, if Laura can't find one I may have something back in the UK, but I'm not there for 2-3 weeks.

Ian

6. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Laura.
    When you don't have a retaining ring, a few drops of rubber cement works well if the hole is approximately the correct size. I use a 23C and a 45MX. Both use the same lens board (4X4). I have a number of 1/8" solid aluminum blank boards. If you measure the diameter of the hole necessary (measure it exactly with a dial caliper), I will lathe bore a hole in a board and mail it to you FREE. How's that for a deal? I happen to have a metal lathe and can machine just about anything.

PM me with the correct diameter of hole, and a shipping address, and I'll send you the board. It may need a little edge filing to fit as I had a number of the boards cut on a large press, so the size dimensions of the boards are not exact. Having said that, the last two boards I made up for my own use only required minimal filing to fit in the enlarger.

The board will need to be painted flat black before you glue the lens to it. The rubber cement is easy to remove if and when you ever need to.

Rick Jason.

7. Keith Pitman

Keith Pitman Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This sounds like what others recommended.

8. OP
    OP
    wrench

wrench Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for your help. I do have the nut thing to screw the lens into the board so there won't be any glue involved, but I haven't had much luck trying to find an adaptor. I hired my husband to cut a proper sized hole in a piece of metal that I can use as a lens board, so for now, problem solved. Thanks again.
    Best, Laura

9. Keith Pitman

Keith Pitman Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Sorry! I omitted the Ebay item number for the adapter: 370172628688. Take a look. I think it's what has been mentioned by others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.