Scanning "Contact sheets" with flatbed

Discussion in 'Scanning and Scanners' started by Cybertrash, May 11, 2018.

1. Cybertrash

Cybertrash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone!

I've recently started thinking over my scanning workflow regarding 35mm film and have been toying with the idea to get a dedicated 35mm scanner. The idea I had is to use my v750 flatbed to scan "contact sheets" of my film to make selections and then scan those on the dedicated 35mm scanner. However I've had some issues with placing the negs on the scanner, the scanning area ought to be around 8x10" so I was thinking I might get one of those contact printers for 8x10" paper. Has anyone done something similar or have any other ideas?

2. Vilk

Vilk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. Les Sarile

Les Sarile Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You can put the strips of 35mm film on the glass and get these kinds of results.

This one is from a roll of Fuji Astia 100 slide in a film holder and doesn't quite all fit the scanning area.

[​IMG]

This one I tried to overlap the strips of Kodak 400UC negative to try to get them all within the scanning area. I could have bunched them up more.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.