Threads
Members
Latest member
swededreams
Recent bookmarks

photomem

Shooter
Medium Format
Ok, I have a few developers. ID-11/D-76/Microdol-X/Perceptrol.

I have a roll of 1971 expiration Royal X-Pan which I metered at 100 ISO today.

Any ideas on how to go about processing the film?

Discuss.

Photo Engineer

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Royal X pan had a speed between 800 and 1200 IIRC. I have given away my last batch, so I cannot remember. I can say that it was very foggy and grainy and kept very poorly even if frozen.

Good luck.

PE

OP
OP

photomem

Shooter
Medium Format
Oh I know it will be foggy, grainy, and down right miserable. However, I was using it to shoot some statuary, so it might give me an effect that will work. I also used a couple rolls of fresh Delta 400 / Acros 100 so I have my backup. This was solely an experiment.

John Shriver

Shooter
35mm RF
I'd guess about 5 minutes in stock D-76. Well, I fiddled with the developing dial in the Kodak Darkroom Dataguide to come up with that.

Of course, if you want to maximize grain, do D-76 1:1 for 7 minutes. (8 ounces developer, 8 ounces water.)

OP
OP

photomem

Shooter
Medium Format
I was thinking about stock D-76. I am going to try it if I can ever escape Digital Art.

df cardwell

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
ID-11/D-76/Microdol-X/Perceptol.

OK, you basically have the same developer. And loaded with sulfite and metol which will
bring out as much spped the Royal X has remaining, but also cause the most fog as you can get.

Try HC-110, or a Phenidone developer without much sulfite. Or a dilute print developer.

Have fun !

OP
OP

photomem

Shooter
Medium Format
Well, it is done now. There is a perceptible image, but there is two metric tonnes of fog. I am going to go to the darkroom and see if I can pull an image from it, even if I have to go high key to get one. Results to follow :smile:

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom