Threads
Members
Latest member
jrhii
Recent bookmarks

film_man

Shooter
Multi Format
I'm thinking of a getting a 45 or 90deg prism for my 2.8FX. I'm a bit confused as to what can or cannot be mounted on it. Will the old prism mount on it, the one with the sort of bulge at the front? Do the 6000 or Hy6 series prisms mount (I guess not?). I only once saw a modern looking prism marked for GX/FX on ebay but that was months ago and cannot find anything similar now.

The manual doesn't mention anything about models, just that you can buy one. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
OP
OP

film_man

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks, that is the new prism which is basically impossible to find. Do the old ones fit? The ones for the E or the F for example?

dpurdy

Shooter
8x10 Format
I have the old style prism on my FX. The only problem is that it partially covers the LEDs for the meter. Actually I find the LEDs annoying up there so having them covered is a good thing. Moot point for me though I don't use the meter. I leave my battery out. No need. Forgot to say, I use the 90º prism.
Dennis

OP
OP

film_man

Shooter
Multi Format
I have the old style prism on my FX. The only problem is that it partially covers the LEDs for the meter. Actually I find the LEDs annoying up there so having them covered is a good thing. Moot point for me though I don't use the meter. I leave my battery out. No need. Forgot to say, I use the 90º prism.
Dennis

Great thanks for the info!

sharpnikkor

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
There was also a Rolleiflex chimney finder with an adjustable eye-piece made for the GX / FX era TLR's that will fit on the earlier 3.5F and 2.8F's. These are almost impossible to find as well.

An easier solution is to go onto the Baier Fototechnik website and look for the adapter plate for using Hasselblad and Kiev 88 Prism-finders to fit on the Rolleiflex TLR models with interchangeable (removable) finders.

I bought one and it is very nicely machined and fits perfectly on the top of the Rollei TLR. You then slide the Hasselblad or Kiev 88 prism finders onto the Rollei body. Using the 45 degree prism finder you may need to buy the diopter for the eyepiece to adjust focus slightly, depending on your eyesight. No problem using a Hasselblad chimney finder with the adjustable eye-piece.

OP
OP

film_man

Shooter
Multi Format
An easier solution is to go onto the Baier Fototechnik website and look for the adapter plate for using Hasselblad and Kiev 88 Prism-finders to fit on the Rolleiflex TLR models with interchangeable (removable) finders.

Oh I didn't know such a thing existed, I'll have a look!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom