For Sale Rochester Camera Company Poco Wholeplate camera + lens + Packard shutter + film holder

A

Promethea Moth

D
Promethea Moth

On The Nest

D
On The Nest

Reception area - Spain

A
Reception area - Spain

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NB25
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for Steve Goldstein (10)

Steve Goldstein

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
I bought this some years ago but have never even tried to use it. It needs a new home.

This 4-3/4 pound Poco camera was made by Rochester Camera Company in (surprise!) Rochester, NY. It's for the 6-1/2" x 8x1/2" whole plate format and comes with one Eastman Portrait Film Holder No. 1. This is a film holder, not a plate holder with sheaths. The long edges of the holder were slightly shaved by a prior owner to fit the back - the Eastman holders that fit my Seneca are about 1/16" too wide. I removed the blue tape visible in the photo.

The camera comes with a brass lens of unknown manufacture marked Extra Rapid Aplanat No. 2 with a focal length around 8" and stops from f/7.7 to f/64. The glass is clean with no obvious scratches and a bit of dust. It's flange-mounted to a lensboard with a working Packard shutter, bulb, and hose. There's a second lensboard with a 2-1/4" hole for an unknown (and absent) flange.

The camera is complete and has front rise and rear tilt. It's been slightly modified with a glued-in stop for the end of the film-holder. Maximum extension is about 11". You'll definitely need to swaddle the entire bellows with your darkcloth as there are numerous pinholes in the creases. Better yet, replace the bellows and you'll have an inexpensive working entree into the whole-plate format, which makes for lovely, intimate contact prints.

Asking $275. PayPal G+S is fine and I'll pay US shipping. I fear this would be rather expensive to ship internationally.

Attachments

• Poco1.jpg
    Poco1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Poco3.jpg
    Poco3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Poco4.jpg
    Poco4.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Poco5.jpg
    Poco5.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Poco6.jpg
    Poco6.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Poco7.jpg
    Poco7.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Poco8.jpg
    Poco8.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Poco10.jpg
    Poco10.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Poco14.jpg
    Poco14.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom