Anthony_
Recent bookmarks

rbrigham

Shooter
Large Format
Hi all

I have a box of very old Panalure paper
as this paper is Panchromatic I can't use a safelight

if I was to reversal process it what should I do about the 2nd exposure and second development ?
I think it will be fine but as I only have 25 sheets I don't want to waste it all working it out

My guess is that I can flash it then develop by inspection in dim light

what do you all think ?

best

robin

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
That's an interesting thought. Another thing to remember is Ilford makes panchromatic paper in rolls for modern RGB high speed printers. Panalure was great paper, sorely missed. The original Panalure Portrait fiber base, toned unlike anything I've ever seen.

I would cut some test strips and try to make a normal test strip first.

Should reverse like any other material. You can start the process with ordinary rc paper to get the process worked out .

DonF

Shooter
Large Format
Hi all

I have a box of very old Panalure paper
as this paper is Panchromatic I can't use a safelight

if I was to reversal process it what should I do about the 2nd exposure and second development ?
I think it will be fine but as I only have 25 sheets I don't want to waste it all working it out

My guess is that I can flash it then develop by inspection in dim light

what do you all think ?

best

robin

The first development for reversal processing is always to completion, as is the second development. Trying to adjust the final density by changing developing time does not work for reversals. The only control you really have is adjusting the exposure in the camera and adjusting preflash time of the paper.

Try Ilford Multigrade 1+9 for 90 seconds in total darkness, rinse, then bleach in R9 potassium dichromate/sulfuric acid bleach. Turn on lights after 45 seconds. Rinse orange-stained print thoroughly, then clear stain in 5-10% sodium sulfite solution. Re-develop to positive using "Iron Out" rust remover, one tablespoon in 250ml of DISTILLED water. Use one-shot and redevelop to completion. No fixing is required. Rinse well and dry.

Regards,

Don

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom