Threads
Members
Latest member
Agreenier
Recent bookmarks

JeffofCT

Shooter
Digital
I inherited my father's Rapid Omega 200 & Koni Omega with an extra back (each). The Rapid Omega is presently fitted with a Wide Omegon 1: 5.6 f = 58mm. The Koni Omega is fitted with a Super Omegon 1:3.5 f = 90 mm. The two additional lenses are a Konica Hexanon1:3.5 f = 135mm and a Koni-Omega Hexagon 1: 4.5, f = 180mm. I believe the additional macro lense in the forefront does not go with these cameras.

My father was a pilot and took a fair number of arial photographs. He did do some wedding and pet photography and while all accounts a very good photographer, his various business ventures in photography didn't take off while others did. He did like nice equipment and used 35mm a lot more. He was an early adopter of digital and continued to participate in the local art and photography clubs well into his late 80's.

I have many things in remembrance of my father and we didn't share a connection through photography. I'm a point and shoot guy. Question: when I sell these, should I bundle the two additional lenses with the Koni Omega, divide them, or sell them separately?

Attachments

• IMG-5743.jpg
    IMG-5743.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 59

Dan Fromm

Shooter
Multi Format
Wow! The 135/3.5 is quite rare, supposed to be very good, and said to command high prices on eBay. eBay shows one sold example -- 175091036190 -- that went for $204, much less than used to be correct, so perhaps I'm mistaken about them.

The 58/5.6 is a fine lens, I use one on 2x3. Check eBay for sold prices.

Can't say anything about the 180/4.5, check eBay for sold prices.

If I were you I'd unbundle somewhat. Sell each body with a back and a normal lens. I counted 5 lenses in your photo, it looks like each body has a 90 mm. Sell the extra backs, 58, 135 and 180 individually. Mention that you have other Koni Omega gear on offer in each listing.

Good luck with your sales.

Paul Howell

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I would sell the Rapid 200 with all the lens then the second body by it's self. Or put it up as a lot, if you get a sale break up the set.

Dan Fromm

Shooter
Multi Format
Paul, I've stopped doing formal economics but there's a theorem waiting to be proved to the effect that in auctions bundles can't bring more that their components sold one-at-a-time and will usually bring less. Think about it.

Roi

Shooter
Medium Format
I inherited my father's Rapid Omega 200 & Koni Omega with an extra back (each). The Rapid Omega is presently fitted with a Wide Omegon 1: 5.6 f = 58mm. The Koni Omega is fitted with a Super Omegon 1:3.5 f = 90 mm. The two additional lenses are a Konica Hexanon1:3.5 f = 135mm and a Koni-Omega Hexagon 1: 4.5, f = 180mm. I believe the additional macro lense in the forefront does not go with these cameras.

My father was a pilot and took a fair number of arial photographs. He did do some wedding and pet photography and while all accounts a very good photographer, his various business ventures in photography didn't take off while others did. He did like nice equipment and used 35mm a lot more. He was an early adopter of digital and continued to participate in the local art and photography clubs well into his late 80's.

I have many things in remembrance of my father and we didn't share a connection through photography. I'm a point and shoot guy. Question: when I sell these, should I bundle the two additional lenses with the Koni Omega, divide them, or sell them separately?

Do you still have this kit?

mgb74

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I used a R-O with 180mm for aerial photography in the 80s. They worked well for this. The weak spot is frame spacing, allegedly due to over enthusiastic operation of the film wind. If you want the most for your equipment, it would be best to test. Whether you want to invest the 4 rolls and processing is up to you.

I agree with Dan. Sell each camera, back, and 90mm. Sell the 58, 135, and 180 separately.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom