Threads
Members
Latest member
coolzizi
Recent bookmarks

greyhaze

Shooter
Multi Format
(Posting this here because I figured the most common use for this meter is with a rangefinder)

So recently I went out for a shoot with my Voightlander VC Meter II. I was shooting at 800 ISO, something I had never really tried before. I came home, developed my photos and found the majority of my roll was blank. I checked my camera, the shutter seemed to be operating fine, so I don't think the problem is there. The problem seems to be with my light meter.

The VC meter II has a dial for adjusting the ISO, but unlike the problem most have with it being too loose, mine doesn't seem to be changing the ISO at all. It gives me the same reading at 100 and 800 ISO. I can't figure out why it would do this. I tried changing the batteries, still nothing.

Has anyone else here experienced this issue? Any tips on how to fix it?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
While you may have a problem with your meter it appears as though you might also have an issue with your camera as well. You should have seen something on negs.

summicron1

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
While you may have a problem with your meter it appears as though you might also have an issue with your camera as well. You should have seen something on negs.

what he said -- shooting 800 film, no matter what the meter says you should get something on the film.

Did you make sure the film was advancing? Watch the rewind knob rotate backwards?

these things happen.

jim10219

Shooter
4x5 Format
Check the meter against a known working good meter or camera with meter. Use fairly simple scenes (like a garage door) or better yet, an 18% grey card. See if the readings agree. If you find that the iso dial on the meter truly doesn’t change, then it’s peobably corrosion on the dial’s contact. But to me, it sounds like you may have a camera, development, or film loading issue.

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom