Post your mistakes here ...

Discussion in 'Misc. Hybrid Discussions' started by Sirius Glass, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Need I say more?

2. wyofilm

wyofilm Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mess-transit

Not exactly sure where you are going with this thread but here is a recent mistake. I was trying to put together a photo for 'Transit' in the MSA. The idea was to have our horses lined out jogging through a gate with a medium shutter speed to show motion. What really happened: my overexcited 12 year old boy got them got them on the run and spread out. The running horses also agitated a nearby bull (normally very passive) who dashed towards me. No photographer was hurt in the shooting of this mistake.

broncotest1_3.jpg

Bronica RF645 (first roll); Ilford fp4+ ; DD-x; scanned negative.

3. Ces1um

Ces1um Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm just waiting for someone to post either their wedding photo or pictures of their kids... :D

4. flatulent1

flatulent1 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The fact that I got into photography in the first place. I could have taken up knitting.

5. OptiKen

OptiKen Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm still looking for a picture of my ex-wife, but when I find one I'll be sure to post it!

6. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I get compliments on this photo. It was a mistake that I rolled with. I don't think I can recreate it if I tried honestly.

[​IMG]

7. slackercrurster

slackercrurster Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here are Robert Frank's proof sheets from The Americans. Lots of trash, also lots of nice shots that didn't make the book.

https://danieldteolijrarchivalcolle...bert-frank-the-rejected-americans-you-choose/

Now, I shoot lots of trash, but I don't keep it, I trash it. So don't have any handy. Trash can come about to haunt you on the internet. Another reason not to glorify it online...just show your best work. Of course this only applies if you are trying to make something out of yourself with your photography.

8. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  9. charlemagne

charlemagne Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I made this mistake with developing sheet film in a Combi-Plan tank.
    I was told that 6 sheet films in one carrier could give problems. I never gave it much thought, up until this accident a fully filled carrier was working fine for me. Then one day this happened...! From here on I only loaded four films into one carrier, because if you load six sheet films they can "stick" to each other and the part that sticks doesn't develop/stop/fix. So no development is what happened at the black spot.

About the shot:

Polder in late summer/early autumn 2009 in the south of The Netherlands near the Belgian border.
    This polder is part of a nature compensation project. In the coming years this farmland will be given back to nature an will turn into wetland by taking away the dyke you see in the photo. Behind the dyke is the Westerschelde.

TMX 4x5" + D-76
    Linhof Master Technika 197x
    Scanned (quickly) on an Epson V700 with Silverfast 6.x

Attached Files:

10. OP
    OP
    Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:

Obviously a UFO! The Martians are coming! The Martians are coming! We will all be killed!

11. macfred

macfred Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.