Phototherm processor

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by laxlife1234, Feb 1, 2018.

1. laxlife1234

laxlife1234 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Analog
    Looking to purchase one of these, mainly the 8 roll version. Message me if you have one for sale!

2. Michael Firstlight

Michael Firstlight Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Used SK8's and SSK8's come up less frequently than the SK4 and SSK4 nowadays. I recently saw an SK8G come up and sell for $1500 on eBay but with only 4 roll drums; I paid $900 for my SK8RH and it came with two 4 roll drums with cores and two 8 roll drums with one 8 roll core. Be aware that the 8 roll drums are getting rare. PhotoThem still makes and sells the SSK4 and the 4 roll drums, but they don't make and sell the 8 roll drums anymore. I was able to buy an extra 8 roll core from PhothTherm new for one of my 8 roll drums - they still make and sell most every of the other part and service all of the machines. I am not sure why they stopped making the 8 roll drums, but maybe because they only make and sell new SSK 4's processors now. So when you find a SK8 or SSK8, hopefully it comes with at least one 8 roll drum (I've never seen 8 roll drums come up by themselves on eBay yet). If you do get hold of an SK8, PhtoTherm weill still upgrade it to an SSK8 (for now anyway) for about $1400 (versus a new SSK4 for $7K) If you do find one, look for the ones with the round distribution chem intake ports on the rear vs the straight-line ports. PhotoTherm will still service and upgrade the units with the straight-line ports as well, but its costs a few hundred more to upgrade those.I had my SK8RG upgraded to an SSK8, and wow, other than the original machine cover, the guts are all new (and they even updated the labels on the cover to show as SSK8 - the only thing that gives away that it used to be an non-SSK is the original S/N and machine model tag.

Mike

3. OP
    OP
    laxlife1234

laxlife1234 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Analog
    Thanks for the info, Mike.

Giving this a bump.

4. OP
    OP
    laxlife1234

laxlife1234 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Analog
    Going to bump this

5. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    CATlabs has one on ebay, not to most stunning example but looks serviceable. I think the price is a bit high for the condition, but if it's all there and relatively clean-up-able not a terrible deal.

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format