Photography exhibitions or such like in Toronto and Montreal

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Shakey, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Shakey

Shakey Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well im goin to Toronto and Montreal from 24th march to 7th April and just wondering whether there was any shows on that might be worth visitin while i'm out there thanks Shakey.

2. jordanstarr

jordanstarr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you're driving from Toronto to Montreal or vice-versa you can always stop in at Ottawa's Museum of Contemporary Photography. It always has something pretty amazing going on.

3. Mayfair710

Mayfair710 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    shakey...if i were you i would stop in and see this...i believe the dates fit in with your time schedule..

http://www.elevatordigital.ca/deg/ featuring a few of our own apugers...guillaume zuili, bill schwab, and bob carnie.

~~marianne

4. aluk

aluk Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    The McMichael Gallery, which is a bit outside of Toronto, has Yousuf Karsh exhibit on at the moment. There are also the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal located, respectively, in downtown Toronto and Montreal. These are large art galleries, and so probably have photography collection, though there may not be any particular photography-related special exhibit.

5. thebanana

thebanana Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  6. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Drop by the Belgo, an industrial building converted into an artistic colony on 5 floors in downtown MTL. Also, have a look at galleries Dazibao and Vox, specializing in photography.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.