Latest member
BrianGreenberg
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for DaveInAZ (0)

DaveInAZ

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I'm going to try a slightly different approach, this time, because I have a stack of books on my desk and I'm not in the mood to photograph them. So, I'm going to list the pertinent details and trust the board members to know what books I'm referring to (or at least be able to google them). These prices include Media Mail shipping.

SOLD! $15 - Adams, Ansel - The Portfolios of Ansel Adams. Hardcover. 1981 reprint with the new laser separated scans of the original negatives used as the source and, yes, you can tell the difference. Excellent condition with only minor wrinkling of the dust jacket at the top and bottom of the spine. 9.25" x 10.75" x 0.75". 37 ounces.

SOLD! $20 - Adams, Ansel - Ansel Adams 400 Photographs. 2007. Hardcover. Excellent condition with only a slight trace of price sticker residue on the back cover. I'm sure it's removable if you're motivated. I wasn't. This book has printed cover boards. There's a brief synopsis of each photo in the back of the book, where it doesn't get in the way of the photos. 8.25" x 1.5" x 10.25". 69 ounces.

SOLD! $15 - Adams, Ansel - Ansel Adams at 100. 2001. First Softcover edition. Excellent condition with only a slight trace of a wrinkle on the front cover. This book has printed covers. What I love about this book is that it has reproductions of printings of the same photo from different eras. Even Adams wasn't born knowing everything about printing and this book shows what HE viewed as his progress to becoming perhaps the best photo printer ever. 9.5" x 0.75" x 10.5 ". 32 ounces.

$7.50 - Beardsworth, John - Advanced Digital Black & White Photography. Softcover. 2008. A good book on turning digital images into B&W and printing them on inkjet printers. This copy is a victim of my reading while eating my breakfast cereal. There are a couple of places where pages stuck together where a drop of milk landed and separating them caused a little damage. Not enough to make much difference, but noticeable. 7.25" x 0.5" x 10". 23 ounces

$10 - Hoffmann, Torsten Andreas - The Art Of Black & White Photography; Techniques for Creating Superb Images in a Digital Workflow. Hardcover. 2008. This book, though geared towards B&W, actually applies to all photography in that it covers topics such as mood, composition, rhythm, and other general concepts. An interesting read. 8.25" x 0.75" x 10.25". 34 ounces

$25 - Macleod, Steve - The Master Printers Workbook: A Professional Guide to Black & White Darkroom Technique. Hardcover. 2003. An interesting and unusual book that reproduces Macleod's working notes on printing and cropping some of the iconic images of music icons such as Sting, Madonna, Iggy Pop, Kylie Minogue and other subjects alongside the negative and the final print. A great learning tool. This copy has a heavy layer of tape along the spine to keep it from separating. 9.25" x 0.875" x 10.5". 49 ounces

Last edited:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom