Members
Latest member
NB25
Recent bookmarks

ntenny

Format
Multi Format
Hi everyone,

I got tired of washing one print at a time and ordered a Paterson Standard auto print washer (the 10”x12” size). I know people have had mixed results with these, but I thought it was worth a try.

The problem is that the assembly instructions are unhelpful. I’m working from a PDF version of the instructions at Paterson’s site, and it tells me to start by removing the knurled nut and one washer, preparatory to mounting the thrust unit.

Well, there ain’t no knurled nut or washer that I can find. I have the transparent plastic thrust unit and a ball bearing, but for the life of me I can’t figure out where they go or how to get them there. Am I missing parts? Can anyone who’s done this successfully give me a quick pointer?

A photo of the “shelf” part of the assembly is attached. There are no additional parts except for the thrust unit and ball bearing (and the hoses). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-NT

IMG_5184.jpeg

Dali

Format
Multi Format
The ball bearing goes inside the plastic tube in your picture and the spare tube you should have goes on top of the bearing and slides inside the plastic tube in your picture.

OP
OP

ntenny

Format
Multi Format
The ball bearing goes inside the plastic tube in your picture and the spare tube you should have goes on top of the bearing and slides inside the plastic tube in your picture.

Thanks. We got this to work, but it took a fair amount of effort to fit the thrust unit into the fixed plastic tube—the flange on the wall of the box gets in the way. But it is now working (photo attached of the assembly, for future searchers).

It seems that the PDF I found is specific to the larger “Major” model.

-NT

Attachments

• IMG_5185.jpeg
    IMG_5185.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 47

markbau

Format
Analog
Just an FYI. Never put that basket in a dishwasher. I did and it melted and I couldn't get a replacement.

OP
OP

ntenny

Format
Multi Format
Just an FYI. Never put that basket in a dishwasher. I did and it melted and I couldn't get a replacement.

Thank you! The plastic feels like it wouldn’t be dishwasher-safe, all right.

-NT

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom