Papers B/W

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Graham.b, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Graham.b

Graham.b Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Morning.

I am going to try Fotospeed VC Paper, any views, My main paper is Kentmere fine luster, ilford warm tone. Any thing gained or would it be better to keep to what i know as a positive out come.

Graham

2. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do Fotospeed still sell VC paper. I though they only did lith paper. I used to use Legacy - wonderful stuff, very responsive to different developers and toners and it dried remarkably flat for a fibre base paper.

3. OP
    OP
    Graham.b

Graham.b Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I do think so, i have been on the Nova site and they do list it. Plus they have Lith on the web. No mention of FB.

Graham

4. Romary

Romary Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  5. Martin Aislabie

Martin Aislabie Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Fotospeed still do RC VC & Lith

They sadly discontinued their Legacy FB Paper

Both NOVA & RK Photographic sell Fotospeed Papers

Graham - try it - you might like it

There is nothing wrong with trying various makes to find a paper surface & colour (both base & emulsion) that you find attractive.

Some people really like the Oyster paper finish

Jumping from one product to another in an attempt to cure your own photographic shortcomings is another matter (although I think we probably have all been guilty of it to some extent)

There are no bad papers these days - they are all great - but as individuals our choice is thankfully not the same

It is important to learn to optimise your photographic process to get the best out of your stock Film/Dev/Paper combination but also to sample other products as they may suite your current or future taste and style - in other words keep an eye open for alternative products but don't be constantly shifting from one to another.

Have fun

Martin