Sean

Admin
Admin
Shooter
Multi Format
If you remember this image below, you've been with us for a long time! 😁

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 10.34.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 10.35.50 AM.png

I have been running this forum for nearly half of my life. I don't think I could imagine my life without it, as it has become part of my day-to-day routine 7 days a week since it began.

It has been a bit of a rollercoaster and I see no way to do a full recap of the last 20yrs that could do the place justice. The joys have far outweighed the dramas that creep up from time to time.

I mean this with all my heart, I am forever grateful for the support of all involved whether moderating, advising, coding, being patient with upgrades, being patient as I juggle the community and the day job, accepting that I don't always 'get it right', subscribing, donating, advertising or posting great content. As long as people find the community useful I will keep at it!

These 20 years have gone by so fast, that it doesn't seem impossible to think another blink of an eye and we'll be at 40yrs.

I believe we still have a lot of untapped potential and I will focus on that for the next 20.

Thanks All!
Sean

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Certainly the best run forum I visit, congratulations and many thanks for all of your effort.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
175,200 hours, most of which has just flown by! :smile: Of course I am a relative newby with just ~17 years behind me.
Thanks Sean - for all you have done. And thanks to everyone else who has contributed so much.

Nige

Shooter
Multi Format
Congrats!

Actually, I should have posted this in 5 days to coincide with my 20 years here.. haha!

fgorga

Shooter
Multi Format
Congratulations... by my estimation 20 years in internet time is maybe roughly 20 decades in 'real life' time!

Photrio is definitely one of the more interesting corners of the web... and I mean that sincerely not facetiously!

😃

Thanks for all you do.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Congratulations on your first score of years and looking forward to many more.

albada

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
I have been running this forum for nearly half of my life.

A quick calculation says you started this forum when you were about 24, and that you're now about 44.
You started young, and you're still young.

Trask

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
It has been a constant pleasure and education to read the news and views here on APUG, as I will always think of it, for the past near-17 years. Glad you decided to get into the website business, Sean. Time does fly!

Vaughn

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Pretty cool!

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Mazal Tov!

This place has given me loads of info and even more cameras.

Keep it going, thanks for the work!

Alan9940

Shooter
Multi Format
Yes, thank you Sean for making our little corner of the world such an enjoyable place to hang out! Don't know if I'll be around for another 20 but, if I am, I'll still be visiting these forums.

Dusty Negative

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Here’s to another 20.

tokam

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Congratulations on your first score of years and looking forward to many more.

+1 to that but I think that @SiriusGlass is a little optimistic if he thinks that most of us will have multiple scores of years yet to come. One or two will be nice. 😉

DWThomas

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Well, I haven't quite made twenty years, having arrived in 2006, but it's definitely a cool place, well run, and offering access to a lot of good knowledge and experience.

May it have another 20 years (even if I'm not around to verify that! 😳 )

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
+1 to that but I think that @SiriusGlass is a little optimistic if he thinks that most of us will have multiple scores of years yet to come. One or two will be nice. 😉

Think positively!

Rayt

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I learned a lot these 12 years. Thanks to the community for the helpful and or at least entertaining posts.

logan2z

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I've only been here for a little over two years, but I've quickly come to consider Photrio an indispensable resource. The level of knowledge here is simply staggering and I'm thankful for the willingness to share it.

Kudos for Sean and his technical team for keeping the site running smoothly (the recent major software upgrade, for example, went very well) and the moderators for keeping the discussion moving forward but within the guardrails 😋

Looking forward to another 20!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom