Original Selling Price of Fuji Xpan's

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by RattyMouse, Dec 28, 2017.

1. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone know what the original price was for either a Fuji TX-1 or TX-2 cameras? These cost such a high amount, I'm wondering how the price today compares to the original price. Same with the lenses too.

I'm curious to know.

2. Richard Man

Richard Man Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    XPan II was listed ~$1850 when new. Today it fetches around $2200-$3000. XPan I used prices are $300-$600 lower, not sure about its original price.

So all things considered, it has held its value, but have not gone up to "collector" territory. I have 2 XPan II and they are just wonderful.

3. OP
    OP
    RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Yes, they are wonderful. Any idea what the lenses cost new, especially the 30mm?

4. somak

somak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Over past few months I've seen a very steep increase in second hand Xpan price in the auction site. As of today typically the median price for Xpan-1 is 2000$. Though about an year ago I've seen battered (actually paint loss, functionally intact) Xpan-1s going for 1200-1500$.

I have heard that the original price of a new 30mm was around 2000$, correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also seen a very sudden surge in the past week in fake photographic items with too-hard to believe start prices in the auction site. Mostly are taken down by the site however some still remain.

5. etn

etn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    about $3000 or more. This thing is going crazy through the roof! (better than buying stocks!)

6. OP
    OP
    RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I dont know....my stock holdings are up over 10% in just 3 trading weeks this year. That on top of a 26% gain for all of last year. The stock market is just printing money now at a phenomenal rate. It's not going to last forever but for now, it is WONDERFUL!

Now, about the 30mm lens. Was it really $3000?? I find that hard to believe. It's not an exceptionally hard to make lens. Is it that rare?

7. etn

etn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Agree, now is a good time for the stock market! Enjoy it while it lasts! :smile:

The $3000 I mentioned about the 30mm is prices I see around here, either on the auction site or in stores. No idea about the original price, though.

8. Yes

Yes Subscriber

Shooter:
    Digital
    I was lucky to stumble into a TX-2 (I preferred the Fuji branding over the Hasselblad so good for me too!) for $1500 last year. It was body only and was quite scuffed but works wonderfully. As I'm still looking for odds and ends for it I peruse eBay often for listings and seeing the rise of it's prices has been interesting. Lenses are still reasonable and I paid more for a brand new 45mm Fujinon that matches the TX-2 color I still think getting it at $700 was good as well. I'm actually surprised at the price of the lenses as they are now adaptable on the X1-D and that camera has a native format option that matches the Xpan/TX series. I expected those lenses to go up in price as well but maybe that will take more time.