Original Selling Price of Fuji Xpan's

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by RattyMouse, Dec 28, 2017.

1. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone know what the original price was for either a Fuji TX-1 or TX-2 cameras? These cost such a high amount, I'm wondering how the price today compares to the original price. Same with the lenses too.

I'm curious to know.

2. Richard Man

Richard Man Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    XPan II was listed ~$1850 when new. Today it fetches around $2200-$3000. XPan I used prices are $300-$600 lower, not sure about its original price.

So all things considered, it has held its value, but have not gone up to "collector" territory. I have 2 XPan II and they are just wonderful.

3. OP
    OP
    RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Yes, they are wonderful. Any idea what the lenses cost new, especially the 30mm?

4. somak

somak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Over past few months I've seen a very steep increase in second hand Xpan price in the auction site. As of today typically the median price for Xpan-1 is 2000$. Though about an year ago I've seen battered (actually paint loss, functionally intact) Xpan-1s going for 1200-1500$.

I have heard that the original price of a new 30mm was around 2000$, correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also seen a very sudden surge in the past week in fake photographic items with too-hard to believe start prices in the auction site. Mostly are taken down by the site however some still remain.