Optically Clear, Thin Polyester for Contact Printing?

Grain rain

A
Grain rain

Dancer In Motion

A
Dancer In Motion

Birds eye view

A
Birds eye view

EmptyName 7.jpg

A
EmptyName 7.jpg

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Modest Mouse
Recent bookmarks

Kino

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Can anyone list a source for thin, optically pure polyester used between a large contact printing negative and whatever alternative paper being used?

I have found many inkjet printable types, but just need the very thin, clear polyester.

Thanks

OP
OP
Kino

Kino

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
thanks dwross! Wow, 3 mills, I would have though that too thick.

I am on a trip out of town, my new (actually very old Seneca) 5x7 is in the mail and I can't wait to get back, learn to use it and try my hand at cyanotypes!

dwross2

Format
Large Format
Kino,

You're very welcome.

re: thickness. I use a tight contact frame. I don't know how much of a factor that might be. 3 mil is thinner than sheet film. But, if you want to go thinner, there is a company I recently became aware of on an internet search for dyes and pigments. They carry thinner film. I've never used it and so can't vouch for its optical characteristics or how thin you can go before handling becomes a nuisance. If you try it, maybe you can report back with your results.

Dead Link Removed

Have a great road trip!
d

Kerik

Format
Medium Format
Light Impressions sells (or used to sell) 0.5 mil Mylar which works great for this purpose.

OP
OP
Kino

Kino

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Dwross and Kerik; thank you! Your tips are invaluable. Will let you know how it comes out when I try it.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom