Ok, what are some cool ways to present polaroids or mount them?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by rpavich, Jan 5, 2018.

1. rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    In anticipation of getting my first polaroid camera + Fuji Peel film, I'm thinking about how to mount them in a unique way; how to display them, how to turn them into post cards, or any other cool thing that folks do with them.

Got any good examples?

2. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This appears to be a cached image (the underlying link is dead), so look fast.
    https://goo.gl/images/ejfpca

I met this fellow (not the one pictured but the photographer) last year when he was visiting Pittsburgh. He's based in New York. He had a Crown Graphic with a pack film back of some sort and was taking pictures of strangers. He would sell them as pictured for ten dollars. I thought it was a novel presentation. I didn't have cash on me so I didn't have one made, but I enjoyed talking to him. He knew his stuff. He plans to switch to Instax once his pack film supply is exhausted, but he admitted to having quite a stockpile.

3. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Cool. I'll look him up and see what kind of ideas I can get. It appears his name is Anthony Leyro

4. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's him. If you're on Facebook, click the link in my signature and scroll down a little ways. I had gotten a picture of him with his camera.

5. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, I checked it out.

BTW: you have some very nice stuff in your feed. Your 8x10 Impossible portraits are really interesting.

6. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks! I appreciate that.

I believe Anthony told me he was using cards made specifically for Instax pictures, and that the pack film pictures happened to fit them perfectly. Exactly what he was using or where he was getting it, I can't say.

7. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you that helps point me in the right direction.

8. BAC1967

BAC1967 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There are post card mounts for pack film Polaroids. It’s a card stock with a self adhesive side that you stick the photo to. The other side is a standard post card format. I have stacks of these, they make a nice rigid mount but it’s no bigger than the size of the photo.

9. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've seen those; there are some on Ebay right now. I was looking more for things that would display them; unique ways to frame or mount to a larger card or something.

10. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  11. BAC1967

BAC1967 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Polaroid also made small spiral bound photo albums that held one pack film photo per page. The photos mount by pushing the corners into cuts in the pages. There was also an album they made with plastic sleeves that held three photos per page, that’s what I put most of my photos in.

12. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I saw this on ebay but it was really expensive, I hesitated.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Po...078858?hash=item2f12651b0a:g:zMYAAOSwvApaJJyV

13. BAC1967

BAC1967 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That’s the second one I was talking about, the link below is the first one. Both are being sold for way more than I paid, keep looking for deals if that’s what you want. I have stacks of the ones in the link below, PM me if you want one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-P...910711?hash=item239662c4f7:g:N8gAAOSwb9dZxXhn

14. OP
    OP
    rpavich

rpavich Member

Shooter:
    35mm