Nikon FE2 and DK-3 eyepiece?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Arestrix, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Arestrix

Arestrix Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have an FE2 that has no eyepiece on it so I picked up a DK-3 one. I can't work out how you would get this onto the camera - I've seen mention of screwing it on but neither the DK-3 or the camera is threaded - if anything it looks like something pushes onto the camera. Anyone done this successfully?

2. ronnies

ronnies Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    The FE2 eyepiece should have threads visible if there is no eyepiece fitted. Maybe the DK-3 is held on by the missinf eyepiece?

Ronnie

3. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    It also seems to me that the DK-3 should be held in place by the ordinary glass eyepiece (which is threaded). To the best of my knowledge the DK-3 is unthreaded and won't fit the camera alone.

4. The DK-3 is just a rubber eyecup, it has no threads. It's held in place by either an eyepiece or a simple ring that threads into the back of the finder.

5. macfred

macfred Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You have to go for a Nikon Japan Official Eyepiece Finder FXA10066 (for FM3A/NewFM2/FE2/FM2/FE/FM/FA). It will fix your rubber eyepiece.

6. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    See if there is a glassless retainer ring screwed into the viewfinder of the camera.

7. Sophist

Sophist Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Does it look like this?

IMG_1193.JPG
    This is what a Nikon Eyepiece looks like when it's so old all the rubber has decayed away. It still unscrews though, so you should be able to replace it or use it to mount the rubber eye cup:
    IMG_1194.JPG

(note that the thread is internal to the ring where the eyepiece screws in)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.