Threads
Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Well, we discussed this processor over the last years, and the guy making it even is a member.

But in what respect is the Filmomat related to Photokina? Is it on show there?

OP
OP
RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Well, we discussed this processor over the last years, and the guy making it even is a member.

But in what respect is the Filmomat related to Photokina? Is it on show there?
Yes, it is shown at the Heiland stand

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
It's so funny what people will spend money on. Very cool machine. You would have to be nuts.

If you want to go nuts for a processor get a used Jobo. I have a nice CPP2 and a CPE2 PLUS, both with lifts and a Duolsb. Combined I don't have 1000 USD in all 3. They are fun to play with.

For black and white all you need is a Paterson tank and a thermometer, for color add a water bath and a heater

Kids are afraid to process color because of the same old fear of temperature and agitation.

I suppose it would be kind of fun to have friends over for a nice bottle of wine, cheese, a little smoked salmon, and watch your new Ektachrome develop by firelight. :smile:

Still is cool to watch
Best Mike

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Kids are afraid to process color because of the same old fear of temperature and agitation.

Best Mike

Well the problem may be that certain well-meaning members here may have contributed to that fear without realising their words' negative impact.

pentaxuser

alentine

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
It's €3500. Only good for commercial work.
Hope to see other film news from photokina.

foc

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I would have thought that being able to process only two 35mm or one 120 made it very limiting for commercial use. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted that such a well make unit is available and that it is exhibiting at Photokina.

The beauty of this unit (and the phototherm) is that they are fully automatic. There is no babysitting the process, which is what a commercial set up wants.

I have looked at it myself for my minilab, for doing E6 (especially with the reintro of Ektachrome) and the only draw back I can see over a refurbished phototherm is the limited capacity.

Shooter
Medium Format
It's €3500. Only good for commercial work.
Hope to see other film news from photokina.

New Equipment is expensive. We just used to cheap stuff, because there was an virtually endless supply of used stuff during the last ten years. That is slowly drying up, better get used to these prices again.

faberryman

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
New Equipment is expensive. We just used to cheap stuff, because there was an virtually endless supply of used stuff during the last ten years. That is slowly drying up, better get used to these prices again.
I would certainly say that you should get the film bodies (and a spare) and lenses that you are interested in now.

~andi

Shooter
Multi Format
The SUV of film developing tanks. What a waste. Very sad.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom