Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

JAYBEE

Shooter
Hybrid
waddup guys i am new here can any body suggest me that which camera is good for hand drawing recording

BrianShaw

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi jb welcome to Photrio if you are referring to flat art copying then it’s more about the copy setup and lighting and exposure than which camera the Retina has closeup attachments that are very useful but often at the expense of shadows are you only interested in footwork with rangefinder cameras

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUG Photrio!!

OP
OP

JAYBEE

Shooter
Hybrid
Hi jb welcome to Photrio if you are referring to flat art copying then it’s more about the copy setup and lighting and exposure than which camera the Retina has closeup attachments that are very useful but often at the expense of shadows are you only interested in footwork with rangefinder cameras

Thank you sir fro your reply sir i have $90 budget plz can i have some suggestion b/c i don't know more about camera's

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
i have $90 budget

With this budget and knowing little or nothing about cameras, there aren't a lot of choices. An Olympus XA has auto exposure with manually set ISO speed, a good lens and an easy to use rangefinder, but unless you're very lucky, a decent one will cost more than your budget. So will most other rangefinder cameras that aren't fully manual.

If you buy a fully manual camera, you're in for a steep learning curve -- that is, you'll have a lot to learn before you start making more good images than bad (even counting only exposure and focus).

If you're willing to consider scale focus (estimate or measure distance to your subject, then set that distance on a scale) as well as manual exposure (with a very good "hint" system on the actual controls), you might consider a Smena 8M -- these are very inexpensive Soviet 35 mm camera with a decent triplet lens, and one in good condition should still be well inside your budget.

BrianShaw

Shooter
Multi Format
Check with your local photo store, lab, or local photographers. They will likely be able to do it correctly at a resaonable price.

OP
OP

JAYBEE

Shooter
Hybrid
With this budget and knowing little or nothing about cameras, there aren't a lot of choices. An Olympus XA has auto exposure with manually set ISO speed, a good lens and an easy to use rangefinder, but unless you're very lucky, a decent one will cost more than your budget. So will most other rangefinder cameras that aren't fully manual.

If you buy a fully manual camera, you're in for a steep learning curve -- that is, you'll have a lot to learn before you start making more good images than bad (even counting only exposure and focus).

If you're willing to consider scale focus (estimate or measure distance to your subject, then set that distance on a scale) as well as manual exposure (with a very good "hint" system on the actual controls), you might consider a Smena 8M -- these are very inexpensive Soviet 35 mm camera with a decent triplet lens, and one in good condition should still be well inside your budget.

ohh thanks you sir for your reply this is so helpful

koraks

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to Photrio, @JAYBEE!

which camera is good for hand drawing recording

For practical purposes, I'd suggest anything digital, and likely even a smartphone with somewhat decent close-up capability.

Are you aware that this part of the forum is dedicated to film-based ('analog') cameras? Why specifically would you be interested in using such a camera to record hand drawings? I'm curious as it's not the most common kind of question/use case.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom