NEW: MCC DEVELOPER

Discussion in '[Partner] ADOX' started by ADOX Fotoimpex, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ADOX Fotoimpex

ADOX Fotoimpex Partner Partner

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    MCC_Developer.jpg

NEW!

The best ADOX developer for neutral-black image tones.

From the heydays of analogue photography: Agfas* last big blast.

Especially formulated for MCC variable contrast photopaper yielding deepest blacks and extremely well separated midtones.

This developer is formulated for highest quality.

It allows a little bit more in all parameters: More capacity, a higher DMAX (about 5-10% ), less fogg and a straighter curve in the midtones.

The higher capacity almost evens out the price-difference again.

MCC developer features special additives to prevent silverslurry in developing machines and can be regenerated.

MCC developer yields neutral- black images tones with warmtone papers or a stadard image tone with coldtone papers.

Confectioning:

1000ml conc.

Dilution for machines working solution or as regenerator: 1+4 (regenerate 150ml/sqm)
    Dilution in the tray: 1+4 until 1+6

Product page: http://www.adox.de/Photo/adox-chemistry/paper-developers/mcc-developer/
    Shop: http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/chemistry/adox-mcc-developer-1000ml.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
  2. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Nice! Would love to test it once.

BTW: did you try making paper negatives yet with this developer (controlling contrast)?

3. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Oh wow! I'm stoked - the Agfa version was my stock developer and this makes me happy; the last batch I has almost run out.

Do you have a distributor in AU?

4. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow!!! Its is based on Glycol. :joyful:

5. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    @Adox Fotoimpex: Hi, how do you compare this to Adox Neutol Eco in terms of dmax?

Will there be any eco developers for film in the near future or any in-house x-tol like developers?

7. OP
    OP
    ADOX Fotoimpex

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    MCC developer produces a slightly higher Dmax (10-15%). Neutol ECO is faster o.t.o.h. In terms of image quality MCC Developer is top notch. In terms of "easy to use" Eco is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  8. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just noticed that Print NE is gone, at least at Freestyle. Apparently this developer is intended to "replace" it. How would you compare prints on MCC-110 developed in Print NE vs. those developed in MCC Developer? Thanks in advance.

9. OP
    OP
    ADOX Fotoimpex

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    "Print NE" is not an ADOX developer so I cannot comment because I don´t know what´s inside.

Neutol NE is a good "bread and butter" developer which compromises on manufacturing costs (competitveness in price) and quality. MCC Developer is focused straight on quality not looking at the substance prices. It is therefore a little bit better and a bit more expensive.

In technical terms you can expect a slightly higher Dmax, more capacity and a more neutral image tone. Neutol NE is almost blueish.

10. K-G

K-G Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good !!!

Karl-Gustaf

11. likemarlonbrando

likemarlonbrando Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have been using this the last month and I was shocked at the results. It is amazing. My prints are coming out sharper with noticeably wider range of tones. Mixed developer has lasted almost a month in a 3/4 full jug. It does have a tendency to make more contrasty prints than other paper developer and have been printing usually 1/2 filter down. Also it is a neutral to cool developer, with warmtone papers the results were not as good.

12. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Please elaborate on this. Do you mean that it has a tendency to make warmtone papers less warm? Or? Thanks in advance.

13. likemarlonbrando

likemarlonbrando Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sal,
    I found with warmtone paper the shadows would look cooler while highlights (paper base) stayed warm. It was like the developer was fighting the paper and I did not really like the look.

14. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I haven't yet had a chance to do the full FB temporary darkroom setup routine and try this developer with MCC 110 paper. However, today there was an opportunity to make a few prints on Multigrade Warmtone RC.

I don't consider a paper/developer evaluation useful until the toning step is complete. So, after processing these test prints in MCC developer, then fixing and washing them, they spent three minutes in KRST dulited 1+19. I did not notice a difference in shadow and highlight color at the end.

My goal is usually a neutral print, thus Moersch SE6 developer followed by the same toning regime is how I typically process this paper. The MGWTRC / MCC developer / KRST "team" is the first modern combination I've found that gives a slightly warm color which is pleasing to me. Very good product Mirko. Thanks!

15. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    KRST = Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner?

16. swittmann

swittmann Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Bert, yes, KRST is the Kodak selenium toner.

Sal and likemarlonbrando, thank you for the reports. Sounds like Mirko offers a superb product here.

I was wondering how this MCC developer compares to Moersch ECO 4812, which I love and use often, and which delivers fantastic results, is a strong developer that gives rich, deep blacks and a delicate, subtle warm tone, lasts long and can be just dumped in the drain when exhausted (eco friendly). Maybe I'll give it a try someday.

17. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for answering while I was away from the forum.

You're most welcome. I'm looking forward to an opportunity when I can try it with MCC 110 too.