Members
Latest member
crockodile
Recent bookmarks

bmac

Format
Multi Format
Hi!

I broke the door off of my beloved Nikon N70 over the weekend. Not sure how it happened, I came down off of a large rock after a hike and the door was flapping in the wind! Anyway, I called the Nikon Parts people and they say they can sell me a new shell for the complete camera for under $20. Has anyone here replaced the shell on their camera before? I am wondering how much work I am looking at. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but am a little hesitant to start working on this electronic beast.

Prime

I'd suggest buying the shell and taking it to a repair shop (not just a camera store, but a bona fide repair-shop). Twenty dollars is not a ton of money, and they probably could transfer the electronics easily. I'd get a quote first, though.

OP
OP
bmac

bmac

Format
Multi Format
Well, I ordered the body from Nikon. The price went up 2 bucks over night. After taking a look at my body (the camera) I am going to be able to swap doors pretty easily.

OP
OP
bmac

bmac

Format
Multi Format
Just a quick followup. I received my "Shell" from Nikon this morning. IT turns out it is only a plastic shell for the door. I am going to have to transfer over the pressure plate and a few other parts. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though. and oh yeah, the price was different from the two previous quotes I got from them... $17.70
smile.gif
Nikon is crazy...

OP
OP
bmac

bmac

Format
Multi Format
Sorry, I', a space cadet today. I meant to include the Nikon Parts Department contact info in my last post...

Nikon USA Parts Department
19601 Hamilton Ave
Torrance, CA 94502-1309

ph 310-516-7124
fx 310-719-9782

jowillie

bmac,

Nice shots on your site. What lens (es) are you using on your N70?

Thanks

roteague

Format
4x5 Format
bmac said:
I broke the door off of my beloved Nikon N70 over the weekend.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but it looks like you have it sorted out. I used to have an N70, but gave it away; I found I couldn't live without the depth-of-field preview. Since I shoot primarily 4x5 I didn't want to spend a lot of money, and settled on an N80; it turned out to be a great camera.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom