Need manual dry mount press

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by phil146, Nov 5, 2018.

1. phil146

phil146 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Have been given Bogen 510 dry mount press but no manual. Any suggestions about where/how to get one. Tried one site without any success. Thanks for your help.
    Phil

2. Stephen Prunier

Stephen Prunier Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a Seal press and they look close enough that you may find they work the same. So maybe look on youtube etc.

3. David Allen

David Allen Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I can't imagine why one would need a manual. The only things to know are how to open / close the press and how to set the correct temperature.

The key points about dry mounting prints are:

Use conservation quality mounts, with one as a cover board. Ideally, have the cover board the same size as the mount, as this makes for ease of use and positioning.

Switch on and allow press to fully warm up to given temperature (as recommended by the tissue manufacturer).

Ensuring the print, the cover board and the mount are dry will ensure good adhesion. You can achieve this by placing the board, cover board and print separately in the press for 40 seconds before proceeding to the mounting stage.

If the tissue sticks to the print and not the mount, the temperature was too cool. Too hot will be pretty obvious by seeing the print scorch!

Bests,

David.
    www.dsallen.de

4. guangong

guangong Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    With my large Seal press I usually use a tacking iron to fix mounting tissue to the print, place board and print on bed. In order to keep both bed and upper plate clean, I insert print, tissue and mat board into a folded piece of brown wrapping paper.
    If dry mounting onto something very thin I include a piece of Masonite that came with press when new. Bought press in 1970. So don’t know if always delivered with Masonite board.

5. darkroommike

darkroommike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sort of a p.s. to what others have said, make sure the platen is clean, any crud on the pate will transfer a bump to the surface of your print. Seal/Seary/Bienfang makes a platen cleaning solution.

And, not specifically for your press. here's a link http://www.tps-online.com/docs/110S_manual.pdf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.