Need help with Amergraph ULF 28

Discussion in 'Wet and Dry Hybrid prints' started by tcwise, Feb 28, 2015.

1. tcwise

tcwise Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have an Amergraph ULF 28 contact printer which, up until Thursday (2/26) worked fine. Then the following happened..

I exposed one kallitype print , then when exposing a second print, when the UV bulb came on, it flickered for a second (or less), went out, and tripped the breaker switch that is connected to the dedicated line that I have the ULF 28 plugged into.

I repeated the process again & the same thing happened. In fact, I repeated it a number of times with the same result. This had happened episodically before, but once I reset the breaker switch, the bulb came on without incident & completed the exposure. This is the first time I had this happen repeatedly. I purchased the printer in late 2012 & started using it in early 2013. The unit still has the original bulb.

Is this a sign that the bulb is going out, or is there something else wrong. I thought that since the bulb at least comes on momentarily, that there might be a fuse issue.

Anybody out there have any ideas?? I contacted Amergraph for tech support on Thursday, but haven't heard back from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for any info you can provide

Tom Wise